Injustice (2)-Bruce Wayne x Daughter Reader

Dedicated to reesescup1

   Y/N'S POV

  Uncle Oliver asked Dad,"Bruce, aren't you forgetting Y/N?"

  Dad looked back at Uncle Oliver and said,"No. Y/N stays here. She's in no condition to go back out there."

  I sat up painfully and reached for my gloves saying,"Dad, I'm good. I'm good. I'm coming."

  Dad raised his voice as he said to me,"Y/N, no! No! Stay here."

  I looked down and said,"Yes, sir."

  Uncle Oliver rested his hand on my shoulder saying,"Y/N, your father means well. He's just been through a lot these last few years, and he doesn't want to lose someone else that he cares about. He doesn't want to lose you like he did Jason and Dick."

  I nodded and said,"I understand. I just wish he would tell me these things instead of just telling me to stay here when something happens to me. Why doesn't he just tell me?"

  Uncle Oliver took my hand saying,"With him, it just takes time. He'll tell you when he knows how to. Until then, you do everything you can to stay alive for him, myself, and your Auntie Dinah."

  I nodded again, and Uncle Oliver stayed with me until my father returned.

  Dad sat down beside me and asked me,"How's your hand?"

  I said,"Terrible, but the pain will stop eventually. You look tired."

  Dad said,"I am tired, Y/N, very tired."

  I asked him,"So, why don't you sleep more?"

  Dad grew quiet before he said to me eventually,"Because I can't sleep, Y/N. I can't sleep."

  I took his hand and asked him,"What keeps you up at night?"

  Dad looked down at our hands and answered,"You, Y/N. I've lost many friends, family, and partners over the years. It only gets harder every time I lose someone else. Y/N, I don't want you to be next. You can't be next."

  I wrapped his arm around me and said,"I won't be next. I promise. I'm sorry I never consider how you may feel when I make reckless or stupid decisions. I know that you only care about my safety, even when I don't want to admit that to myself."

  Dad squeezed my hand, and I groaned saying,"Dad, ow! You did that on purpose. You knew that I was in pain."

  Dad said,"Princess, I'm sorry."

  I looked up at him saying,"It's all right, Batman. Promise me that you won't be next."

  Dad looked at me confused, and I said,"Promise me that you won't be so worried about losing me that you aren't focused. I really can't afford to live life without my father. You mean everything to me."

  Dad squeezed my hand again, and I groaned saying,"Dad, seriously. That time had to be on purpose."

  Dad said,"It wasn't, but I promise, Y/N."