Injustice (2)-Blue Beetle x Reader

Dedicated to Bulelantern

   Y/N'S POV

  Blue has been taking his job, given to him by Batman himself, pretty seriously. I enjoyed hearing how happy he was. Even though knowing Blue was happy normally made me happy, it wasn't working this time.
  During a battle that went horribly wrong, I had lost my ability to see. I realized just how much I had been taking for granted. Everything felt different now. It was different, yet it was hard to be positive. I admit that.

  "Y/N?"

  I smiled and got up saying,"Hey, Blue. Does Batman still like you?"

  Blue said,"Don't get up. I'll come to you. Yes, I think he still likes me. I've been doing everything that he asks of me."

  I felt Blue's hands in my own, and Blue said,"We may be able to help you see some colors, but not everything like it once was. I'm sorry, Y/N. If I could, I would trade places with you."

  I squeezed his hands replying,"I know you're trying, Blue, and that's all that matters. Don't say sorry, though. I'm glad the other still have you. You're important to all of this."

  Blue let go of my hands, and I asked him,"Do you have to go?"

  He said,"No, I'm right beside you. I'm going to stay with you. They'll understand."

  I nodded and asked Blue,"What am I supposed to do now, Beetle?"

  I felt him pull me into his arms, and he said,"You trust what you do have left. You're not useless, Y/N. You're still important. You're still highly intelligent. Don't give up. I want you to try these on."

  I reached over, and Blue put what felt like glasses in my hand. When I put them on, I could actually see him and what room I was in. I could see what looked like a big hole in the wall on the right side of me. Wait, why was there a hole in the wall?
  Most importantly, I had my sight back. It had become so foreign to me, but I didn't need to hold on to something or have that fear of running into something.

  Blue smiled at my reactions and said,"I haven't seen you smile this much in a long time. I've missed it, Y/N."

  I went to give the glasses back to Blue, but he said,"No. You can keep them on for a couple of hours. We're not finished with them yet, but I just wanted you to see what it was like."

  I leaned over and gave him multiple kisses. I had thought he was in his suit the whole time, but he wasn't. Maybe he was before he came in here.
  Jaime let me wear the glasses for a while, and then he had to take them back. Just like that, everything became dark. Everything became unclear.

  Jaime said,"Y/N, you're safe here. Even though you can't see, everyone here's looking out for you. You just sit and try to rest."