Injustice (2)-Superman x Reader

Dedicated to reesescup1

   Y/N'S POV

  Superman sat down on the bed beside me, and I asked him,"Am I in trouble again?"

  Superman kissed my hand and said,"No. You're not in trouble. I just wanted to check on you."

  I nodded, but I looked away saying,"Clark, we're fine. The baby and I are fine. You should make sure we're not about to get ambushed or something."

  Superman chuckled saying,"Trust me, no one would be able to do that. Not with me here. Are you sure you two are all right?"

  I rested Superman's hand on my stomach saying,"Yes, Clark, I'm sure we're all right. I'm just feeling a little hungry, if you're up to getting something to eat for me."

  Superman kissed my forehead and said,"I'm on it. Y/N, use this if anything happens while I'm gone. All right?"

  I nodded and gave him a kiss saying,"I will use it, Superman. You have my word."

  Superman kissed my forehead again, yet he made sure the room was locked down before he left. After he left, I let out a sigh and looked at the room around me. I knew why Clark was so paranoid, but I didn't think this was necessary. It was suffocating being in here every day.

  Maybe I should talk to him about it.

  When Superman returned, he limped a little, and I asked him,"Clark, what happened?"

  He shook his head and handed me the bag of food. I helped him sit down and healed his wounds quickly. Clark could already heal fast, but it made me feel like I could do something to help him.

  Clark asked me,"Why did you help me?"

  I said,"Because you're my husband, the father of my child inside my stomach, and I love you. Clark, I know you've been feeling the weight of all of this recently, but maybe you should consider working something out with your old team."

  Clark looked at me, and I said,"Or not, but Clark, this won't be good for the baby. You have to know that. The same people you once cared for are the same people you are open to killing every day."

  Clark sighed, and I leaned on his arm saying,"It's time to let this go, Superman. It's time."

  Clark pulled away from me and said,"No. This isn't over. I'm sorry, Y/N, but it has to be this way. You're staying here where I can see you."

  I said,"Clark, putting my love for you aside, if I get the opportunity to leave, I will. Like I said, this isn't good for our baby or for me."

  Clark said,"You won't get that opportunity. I'll make sure of it. I'm doing this to protect you. You'll see that, Y/N."