Injustice (2)-Batman x Reader

Y/N'S POV

  "Dinah, I don't know what to do. What should I do?"

  Dinah and I glanced over at Batman. He was in his own world right now. After everything that has happened, it seems like it was taking a larger toll on him by the minute/day.
  Bruce and I had been together since this whole thing started, but I was there when Superman killed The Joker and when Dick was killed by Damian.

  Speaking of Damian, that made Bruce's shoulders carry an even bigger weight. I wasn't even sure that he would hear a single word I said either.

  Dinah replied,"This is Bruce we're talking about. He trusts you even more than he'll ever trust any of us. You're who he needs to talk to. Alfred isn't here anymore."

  I nodded. Then, Dinah sent me an encouraging smile before I decided I would talk to Bruce.
  Dinah left with Harley and Oliver to not put Bruce in an uncomfortable situation.

  So, when Bruce and I were alone, I asked Bruce,"Batman, do you need me?"

  He looked up at me and just nodded, but he stayed quiet.

  I sat down in his lap and leaned on his chest saying,"Bruce, I know you've lost so much these last few years, but you're not alone. I was there with you, so I understand. But if I'm being honest, how can I understand if your head is in the right place if I can't even tell whether you are in the middle of brooding?"

  Bruce chuckled. There was also a smile there for a couple of seconds, but then it just vanished.

  Batman said,"I'm sorry, Y/N, but what could I have done differently? Maybe if I would have tried harder with Damian, he would-"

  I cut him off immediately by saying,"No. No. Don't start talking like that. First of all, you did more than enough with Damian, and it was HIS choice to go against you. You didn't pressure him to stay on your own path or to be like you. Sure, you gave him the option, but clearly, he's not interested. Sometimes, there's only so much you can do, and you're his father, Bruce. You took care of him when Talia couldn't. He's just caught up in his own ego right now. That's not on you."

  Batman looked down and said painfully,"But he's my son, Y/N."

  I sighed and wrapped my arms around Batman's neck, asking him,"Bruce, what could you have done differently, hmm?"

  Batman couldn't answer me, and it took him too long to think about it.

  I explained to him,"Exactly, because you did everything you could even when you didn't think you were. Bruce, you're tired. You're stressed. That's not a good combination at all. You've been through more than most men will go through in a lifetime. I'm telling you it's okay to show it to me. You may be Batman, but you're also my Bruce Wayne. I know you've been holding it all in. Just let it go, baby. Just accept it and let it all out."

  I looked at Batman and lifted his mask to see the tears making their way down his face.
  I pulled his head to my chest, as he wrapped his arms around me. For those moments where he would go from just tears to almost sobbing, I would just hold him tighter.

     A COUPLE OF HOURS LATER...

  "Bruce, look at me and be honest. Are you going to be okay? It's okay if we need to turn back and come up with another plan."

  Batman rested his hand on my arm and said,"I'll be fine, as long as you are right there with me. Promise me, Y/N."

  Batman looked me in the eyes, and I replied,"I promise, Bruce. I promise."

  I gave him a kiss of reassurance and held on for as long as he needed me to, even if it was for a while.

  When I pulled away, I hit his arms gently and said,"Let's go do this."

  Batman repeated for himself,"Let's go do this."