Chapter 2

(Eddie's P.O.V)
I woke up before Aleks did. He was on top of me, cuddling into my chest. I slowly lifted him off of me and got up as I heard rustling downstairs. I loaded two pistols, expecting to see a zombie or two and swiftly snuck down the stairs, I'm Puerto Rican for gods sake, we sneak and steal for a living. I saw two guys grabbing stuff from our duffle bags. I raised two of my guns at the two.
"Put your hands up" I said. They froze and dropped everything. They both slowly got up and put up their hands.
"Please, sir. We don't mean to steal but did you see outside? We don't want trouble" the guy with blonde hair said. He looked oddly majestic with it flowing out like that.
"Got any weapons on you?" I asked. The one with black hair took out a knife from his back pocket and dropped it on the floor along with a pistol.
"That's it" the blonde one said.
"What's your names?" I asked.
"Seamus, and that's James. Please don't hurt us, we'll leave" he said.
"I trust you, I want you two to join me and the guy upstairs." I said and put my guns away.
"I'm right here Eddie." Aleks groaned, he is defiantly not a morning person.
"Yeah, we'll stay. One rule, group always sticks together" James said. I nodded and so did Aleks. We all shook hands and I gave Seamus my pistol. We all have guns and about a month worth of food.
"We better go now. The streets aren't that bad and I know a place in the woods with not much life" Seamus said and threw a duffle bag over his shoulder. We all headed outside after I moved the couch out of the way. We ran into Aleks car and took off.
"Try not to hit anything" I pleaded.
"Trust me" Aleks said and sped up. "Where to?"
"Go out of town and then let me drive. Let's try to get gas before we go though" Seamus answered. Aleks nodded and continued to drive.
"So, tell me about yourselves" I said.
"Well, as you know, I'm Seamus. I'm 20 and a gamer with no life. Im bisexual, but mostly guys. I'm also a sarcastic asshole so don't get to mad if I make a joke" Seamus glared at James for a bit.
"Well, I'm James and I'm also 20. I play video games and I hope you don't mind that I'm gay." He said.
"I don't care and I'm pretty sure Eddie's gay too, so am I. I'm 19" Aleks said.
"Yeah I am" I said. "But I don't think our sexuality has any meaning anymore".
"Good point, let's stop here. Get food and gas, if it isn't raided yet" James said and pointed to the gas station. We partnered up and got moving. Of course I was with Aleks, we snuck into the store and looked around.
"It's clear, spread out and get shit. Anything that you can find" I said and started throwing things on the shelves into a basket. All the sudden I got tackled to the floor. I screamed and Aleks came rushing to my side. A walker tried scraping at me but I dug my nails into its eyes. Blood dripped onto me and Aleks drove a shovel into its head. Blood splattered and his head got chopped in two.
"Eww! but thanks" I giggled.
"What the hell?" Aleks said.
"What?" I asked.
"That laugh, it was amazing" he smiled and continued to stock up stuff.
"Guys, let's..." James stopped and seen me covered in blood and a dead human on the ground.
"Shit happens, let's go" I said and brushed past him. We all got in the car again, Seamus drove and James sat in front with him. Me and Aleks were in back after filling the car with gas.
"On the road again, were on the road again" I sang.
"Shut up Eddie, tell me when we are there" Aleks said and leaned on the window. It made me sad that he didn't lean on me so I put my arm around him and pulled him to me. He sighed in annoyance and laid his head on my shoulder while his arms went around my waist.
"Are you two... You know?" James asked.
"What, oh, no no no" Aleks said. I felt my heart break in two, I'll have to get over it. I laid my head on Aleks and we both fell asleep into a peaceful world that we can no longer call real.