Chapter 20

(Aleks P.O.V)

I woke up to a sound of a car starting and celebrating voices. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and got out of the semi. There was a clear path and we could all get out of here. I smiled and was lifted into someone's arms and twirled around.

"We did it Aleks. We get to leave now!" Eddie squealed and set me down. I looked over and seen two cars were running and there was tons of gas and food.

"We're leaving in a few hours" Eddie called out. I walked off and climbed on top of the semi with my gun. I sat criss cross and looked out for walkers. There were a few on the other side of the highway and they were coming for us.

"Goddammit guys. Turn off the damn cars! Your getting their attention" I yelled. Dan turned them off and went back to talking to Jordan. I was getting ready to shoot the 6 walkers but arrows went flying threw their heads. I looked up and Eddie was aiming at the last one. He pulled the trigger and the arrow was dead on. Eddie put it down and smiled at me.

"Wanna come with me to get the arrows?" he asked. I shrugged and got down with him. We walked in comfortable silence and I got lost in my thoughts.

'What are they going to do to me if I turn? I don't want to be one of those things. I wonder if your soul or whatever would be let free and just your body wanders or if your stuck in a body you can't control. Either way I would rather shoot myself then be one of them. What about Eddie? I can't live without him, or I guess I wouldn't really be living. I wonder if he really does love me. Will he actually care if I'm gone?' I felt someone's hand creep into mine and Eddie smiled. I realized I was really tense.

"Calm down, I won't let anything happen to you. I hate to be the breaker of news and talk darkly but everyone dies. Everyone has a time to go but look at the bright side. We don't know what actually happens and if it will happen." Eddie said and grabbed the six arrows. He came back over to me and I seen tears in his eyes.

"Don't forget about our radios" I said and showed him my walkie talkie. He showed me his and I put mine back in my pocket. We continued to walk back.

"We should get leaving soon. It's starting to get dark out" Eddie said.

"Ok but before we do I need to grab something" I said and kissed him with as much passion and love as I could. He pushed me against a truck and pinned my arms to my sides. I bit his bottom lip and he let me in. Our tongues battled and I won for once. He let my arms go and his hands moved to my waist. I reached up and entangled my fingers in his hair. We pulled away, needing air and I hugged him tightly.

"I'm sorry" I whispered. He stayed silent

"I love you, I really do" he said.

"I love you too. Now, let's go" I forced a smile. Eddie started getting the car ready and the thing is, I didn't need to get anything. I'm not going with them...

--------------------------------

I won't be able to update from the 9th to the 16th cause I will be away. I'm sorry for the lack of updates too. I don't really have motivation to write anymore cause this book isn't getting much comments or votes. by thank you to the people that have, I love all of you #muchluv

-Hoopinater