Chapter 12

(Eddie's P.O.V)

We drove into town which there wasn't many walkers. She parked it in front of a drug store and we got out. I was about to go in but she stopped me.

"Wait, watch" Mary whispered and lit a match. She threw it threw the broken window, into the drug store. About three zombies ran to it and circled around it. We walked in and shoved knifes threw there faces.

"Why do they do that?" I asked.

"They get distracted easily. A simple flame or something shiny could draw about ten of them away from you" she said. I nodded and made a mental note. I started grabbing small granola bars and water bottles. Basically anything I could find. Nothing was interesting until I found two walkie-talkies. I tried to get them to work but they didn't have batteries.

"Mary? Help me find some batteries" I said. She nodded and continued to grab stuff. I found some batteries and out them in the walkies. They turned on and the screen shone bright green. I pressed the button and it made a scratchy noise.

"What was that?" Mary asked, panicked.

"These walkie talkies I found. I got them to work" I said and showed them to her.

"That may come in handy" she said "come on, let's go.". We went out to the car, surprisingly nothing happened. We rode back in silence. The car jerked forward and stopped suddenly.

"What the hell?" I said and looked at Mary.

"Sorry, hit a walker" she shrugged and got out. I looked under the car and almost got clawed at. A walker was stuck in the pipes underneath the car.

"What do we do?" I asked. She cut off his arms and head. It rolled away, down the hill and his body still was in motion. It squirmed, trying to get out. Mary pulled on the stubs and fell on her ass when one broke off. I giggled and she glared at me. She pulled at it again and the body slowly broke in two, guts spilling everywhere and the body untangled from the pipes. I gagged and we got back in the car...

(Mary's P.O.V)

We walked into the house and Eddie was tackled in a hug. I closed the door on the two and went upstairs. Shelby was in the room, reading and she waved. I waved back and went to the bathroom. I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. I pulled the pregnancy test out of my pocket. I looked at the instructions. One line means pregnant, two means not. Nervousness was building up in me and I started shaking. I pulled down my pants and took a piss over the toilet. I waited after pulling up my pants and stared at the pregnancy test with hope that I didn't kill my baby. One line slowly started to appear and I was about to scream of joy but it all came crashing down when the second came out of nowhere...