Chapter 16

(Alek's P.O.V)

I found a long sleeved shirt in one of the cars. I slipped it on and made sure it covered my wrist. I got it to stop bleeding and I put a shit load of antibiotics on it, maybe it will slow the process. I started wondering when they would get back, or if they would get back. What if they leave me? I'm sure Eddie wouldn't do that though, or would he? I am basically a complete stranger to him and all the sudden we cuddle and kiss and shit, started saying I love you and all the cute crap. Maybe it was a joke to him, maybe he doesn't really love me. I wouldn't blame him if he didn't. I scrawny and weak, no help to the group.

I got up and jumped off the side of the car. I looked inside and seen a box of granola bars but door was locked of course. I smashed open the hood and shut off the wires to the alarm. I've seen it in a lot of video games, ok? I took a bobby pin that I found earlier and got the door open. The box had 5 bars left in it, thank god. Haha, just kidding, god doesn't exist. I'm an atheist, I mean, he wouldn't let the world get like this, would he? (A/N I'm an atheist) I ripped one open and bit into in. I hummed in delight and continued to search cars. I seen another semi with a food for children sign on it. There has to be food in there. I went around to the back and looked it over, how could I miss the big red letters that said 'don't open, dead inside'. Life is about taking risks, right? I got my sword and gun ready. I removed the bar that held the doors closed and open the doors. What was in there surprised me. Millions of flies flew out and the two guys sitting in the corner gave me a terrified look. The walls were painted in blood and they had cuts on them, they were minor but still bleeding. One was quite chubby while the other one had an amazing beard.

"Please d-don't h-hurt us" the one with the beard said. They seemed thirsty and starved, but managed to keep the meat on there bones.

"I want to help you" I said and gave a gentle smile. He smiled back and I helped him up. He wobbled out of the truck and I made him sit on top of the semi that I was on earlier. I handed him a water bottle and he chugged it.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"I'm Dan"

"Aleks, I have more people but a herd came and they ran." I said and started bandaging them up.

"Do you think they will come back?" Dan asked.

"I hope so" I said. "How long have you guys been trapped in there?".

"It was like two weeks into the zombie shit and my police officer locked us in there. He was saving me, he spray painted the doors, hoping someone like you would open it. He died trying to save me" he said.

"Police men? Are you a criminal?" I asked, starting to worry.

"Yeah, I didn't really do mine. Apparently a murdered my neighbor" Dan said.

"Well, something our group always tended to say was, 'we'll survive' and I plan to keep it that way" I never meant myself