Chapter 26

(Stevens P.O.V)

I rushed out of the room in embarrassment and went to my room that I share with Kevin. Probably not the smartest idea to come here but I have nowhere else that I can be alone at. I shut the door behind me, flipping on my bed and burrowing my face in my pillow. I let out a shaky breath and wrapped my arms around myself.

He doesn't know how much I want him. He doesn't know what he's doing to me. The playful flirty and the kisses on my cheek, it hurts so much. I have liked him for as long as I remember, considering I've know him before this shitty apocalypse. He was my best friend since 4th grade, the year I found out I was bisexual. There's only one thing keeping me from being full gay, my fiancée. More like my dead fiancée, my god I loved her more than anything in the damn world but she died during childbirth along with the baby. It was the worst day of my life, but Kevin was there for me. He was always there for me, no matter how stupid it was. My fiancées name was Kristin, she was beautiful, funny and understanding. Till this day I still love her but Kevin made his way into my mind and I fell all over again. It's about time I moved on, but the problem is I'm moving onto someone that will never like me back.

I snapped into reality and realized I had tears falling onto the pillow. I turned to my side and wiped them away, only for more to fall. I'm such a little bitch, crying over the stupidest stuff. I clutched onto the pillow and closed my eyes tightly, thinking 'why does love hurt so much?'. I felt arms tug me up into a sitting position, and of course it was Kevin. I didn't hear the door open, I must've been really out of it.

"Why are you crying? Did we do something wrong?" He asked in a gentle voice. I shook my head, not wanting to talk at the moment. But he didn't leave the topic alone.

"Is it Kristin?" He asked and tightened his arms around me. I broke down in seconds and shook violently in his arms. "Let it out Steven". And that's what I did. I unraveled myself and my emotions in his arms, while sobbing for more than one reason.he didn't need to know that though, but of course he sensed it.

"What's wrong?" He asked again.

"You already know" I snapped.

"Kristen? Yeah, but there's something else." He said and tilted my chin so I looked in his eyes.

"You already know" I repeated in an easier tone.

"I don't believe I do" he said, honestly confused. I balled my hands into fists and pushed him away from me, so he landed off the bed onto the floor. I growled in frustration and glared at him.

"Stop messing with my feelings!" I screamed.

"W-what are you talking about..." He asked.

"You know what I'm talking about. You know I like you, and you use it against me. You make me think I have a chance and tear it apart in minutes. The fuck is wrong with you!?" I snapped and headed for the door, hot tears streaming down my face again.

"Steven, I-I didn't know. I didn't want to push you into something you weren't ready for" he grabbed my hand and locked the door.

"What the hell do you think I'm not ready for? It's been 4 fucking years" I growled and snapped my hand away from his.

"People don't move on that easy but.... If you think your ready..." He did something I didn't expect and that was a kiss. A loving and caring kiss on the lips. I instantly kissed back but he pulled away.

"I've wanted you for so fucking long Steven. You have no idea but I waited until I thought you were ready but I guess I thought wrong." He said and smiled. My cheeks went bright red as I pecked his lips.

"You defiantly thought wrong..."