Chapter 7

(Aleks P.O.V)

I woke up in eddies arms, on the couch. I remembered yesterday and smiled to myself. I could smell food in the kitchen so I carefully got out of eddies arms. Monica was in the kitchen, setting out food for Seamus, James and Jordan.

"Hi Aleks, hungry?" Monica asked. I nodded slightly and sat next to James. Seamus had a love mark on the side of his neck. I nudged James and pointed to it. He glared at me and ate his food. Monica handed me my food and I thanked her.

"So we have some exciting news that we forgot to tell you" Jordan said and took Monica's hand in his. "She's preggers".

"That's great! Just not the best time, hopefully the government will fix this" I said.

"They can't, didn't you know?" Jordan said. "Everyone's infected. Whether you get bit or not. When you die, unless you destroy the brain, you turn". I froze.

"So, if I died right now, I would turn?" Eddie asked. Jordan nodded. I don't want to turn into that thing. It's horrible. I felt someone's hand in mine and I was brought out of my thoughts.

"Don't worry, I won't let you turn." It was Eddie. I smiled gently. I heard groans outside the house.

"What's that?" Monica asked.

"I'll look" I said and went outside. I gasped and put my hands over my mouth.

"Everybody in the car!" I yelled.

"What's going on?" Monica askek, panicking.

"Just everybody in the god damn car! I'm driving!" I yelled and ran back outside. Seamus and James were waiting in the car already. I got in the drivers seat.

"Where the hell is Eddie, Jordan and Monica?" I asked them.

"Eddie's with Jordan doing something with the cow. They didn't want it to get eaten or something." Seamus said. I started the car right when Monica ran out the house. Little did she know that there was a walker right by the door. It grabbed her and she struggled to get away. I quickly opened the car door and shot. I was to late and it had already taken a huge bite it her hand. I ran to her and hugged her.

"Your gonna be alright. Come on" I told her and helped her to the car.

"She's bit!" James said "she's gonna turn. You can't let her come with us"

"For now we can. We have to leave!" I said and drove to the bar. I did a 360 in front of it and got out.

"Eddie! Jordan, come on!" I yelled. They came running out the barn door. Jordan closed it and put a broom in the handles. We got in the car quickly and I drove in the woods. Seamus had to sit on James lap cause there wasn't enough room

"What's going on?" Jordan asked.

"Thousands of walkers coming towards the house." I said and took a hard left. Everyone in the car swayed and Monica passed out.

"Monica! Monica, baby wake up" Jordan shook her.

"I'm fine, I'm fine" she started waking up. I stopped the car in a safe place.

"What are you doing?" Eddie asked.

"She's bit on her hand. Maybe if we take it off she won't turn" I said.

"Wait, Aleks." Monica had tears streaming down her face. She pulled down the sleeve of her shirt and there was another bite on her shoulder.

"No, no no! The baby, my wife!" Jordan sobbed. We all got out of the car.

"Jordan, they have to. I'm a danger, especially to you. I love you with all my heart and I'll see you one day" Monica kissed him with as much love and passion as they could. We were all crying now. They seperated.

"Don't leave me. Please don't leave me. I love you, your all I have and the baby. You could still make it, please" Jordan pleaded and sobbed.

"No, sweetie. I love you too but I have to go" she said and picked up a gun. Jordan was about to stop her but she quickly pulled the trigger and fell dead.

"No! Why her!" Jordan's voice cracked.

"Come on, Jordan. It's gonna be ok, your gonna be ok. Don't worry." Eddie soothed him and we all got back in the car. This time Seamus was driving again. I was in the back with Jordan and Eddie as Jordan sobbed into his hands. I hated seeing him like this, I would hate to see anyone like this. I hugged him and he clung to my shirt. I rubbed his back like a mother would when there child was sad. He soon fell asleep on my lap.

"It's so sad" Eddie whispered. I nodded and played with Jordan's hair.

"It's funny to think I just met all of you and I feel like your family, even Jordan" I said and leaned my head against the window.

"I think that speaks for all of us" Seamus said and smiled in the rear view mirror. "Well, where to next?"

"Anywhere like that place. It was safe, no regular walkers just big herds. I'm sure if it was in the open then we would be safer. That place was enclosed in woods so we couldn't see much happening" Eddie said.

"Here we go again" I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Don't worry, we'll survive"