Chapter 10

(Mary's P.O.V)

I held the picture of him close to my chest and sobbed on my bed. I heard my door open and ignored it. I felt arms wrap around me and pick me up. They set me on there lap and I cried into there chest knowing it was Shelby. I miss him so much.

(Flashback)

I was walking home from work and someone grabbed me. I flipped out of there grip and pinned them to the floor. That takes a lot of work when you have a baby coming. The person groaned and growled and I looked at him. It had half it's face peeling off?! I screamed and punched the persons face. My hand smashed right through it like a rotting fruit and blood went everywhere. I quickly got up and wiped myself off.

"What the fuck?" I mumbled to myself and heard screaming down the road. I seen someone get chased by a limping person. The hell is she running for if he's that slow. She ran into another limping figure and he sunk his teeth into her flesh. She screamed in pain and horror and more came. The tackled her to the ground and ripped her limb from limp. I gasped in horror and thought about Matt. He's still at home, I wonder if he's ok. I ran as fast as I could home in panic about my husband. I ran into the house and up the stairs as I heard many groans. I ran into the room and fell back in shock. A girl and Matt were fighting off many of the dead humans. I looked for a weapon as they killed them. I found a knife in a cabinet but... It was to late. The girl killed the last dead person and Matt was getting eaten alive. He screamed and the girl killed the guy eating him. I screamed and kneeled beside him. I started sobbing.

"I-I love you, Mary" he whispered and stopped moving. I sobbed into his bloody and ripped apart chest.

"N-no don't leave me. We have a baby to take care of, please" I whispered and let out choked sobs. The girl leaned down to me and pat my back. "T-thank you" I whispered and cried into her chest. She wrapped her arms around me and I heard another groan behind us. I let out a squeak and we stood up quickly. No, no, he can't turn into one of those things! He slowly got up off the ground and came towards us.

"I'll take care of it" Shelby said. I shook my head and picked up a knife. I took a deep breath and shoved the knife through his face. He fell to the ground and I started sobbing more.

"I'm Shelby by the way. Don't worry, I won't let you do this alone" she smiled softly at me and took my hand in hers.

"M-my names Mary" I whispered. She nodded and let me sob into her chest.

Later that week we got feeling for eachother. I had started drinking a lot, not thinking about the baby. I guess it died cause I was two weeks pregnant and nothing has happened since. Shelby got me to stop drinking, which was surprising cause I'm stubborn as hell. We soon started dating and here we are. Horrible right?

-----------------------------

Who wants a SCManex book??