Chapter 24

(Eddies P.O.V)

We went through the trees to be met with a large opening. We all stopped, mouths hanging open in awe.

"Your gonna catch bugs like that" Steven chuckled.

It was a large flat opening with buildings and two walls. One wall in the back and one in the front. A few zombies roamed around harmlessly and they got shot down by some people on the giant walls. A river flown nearby and I watched as a gate flew open.

"Let's go before more walkers come" Kevin said and ran to the gate.

We walked in the gates and the place got even better. People walked around carelessly, like there wasn't a zombie apocalypse happening. Kids screamed and played ball in the little playground. Everyone seemed so happy and I loved it.

"Ah, Kevin, Steven your back. I see you brought more survivors" said some guy with a British accent. "I'm dexter and you might be?" He asked to no one in general. Kevin introduced us and I noticed this guy was really popular. People came left and right saying hi to dex and complimenting him in anyway possible.

"Well it's nice to meet you nice people" Dexter nodded towards us and started laughing.

"What's funny?" Dan asked.

"Ugh I hate being so formal. I'm just fuckin with you. I'm a complete asshole, the good kind and I'm extremely good looking" Dexter flashed a charming smile towards a girl and she blushed.

"Well it's good to know your not a complete stuck up brat" James said and scoffed.

"I was wondering how long you could pull off the act." Steven smiled. Dex cracked a smile and walked off to talk to another guy.

"He's the leaders right hand man" Steven said and I realized why he was so popular now.

"Steven take them to their room, you will all be sharing and I'll take Eddie to Aleks" Kevin said and motion me to follow. I obeyed and walked next to him.

"Aleks will be able to get a room with you guys once he is stable again. He was very dehydrated and starved when we found him so he's medical at the moment." Kevin said and that broke my heart even more.

"Is he ok?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"Of course. He is perfectly fine it's just we need to keep an eye on him..." Kevin traveled off.

"Are you talking about his bite?" I asked, knowingly. His eyes widened and he nodded. "that's why he left the group, is cause he was afraid of hurting us but I don't know why he hasn't turned yet" I shrugged, happy he hasn't.

We walked into a building that had lights on? How did they get power?

"We have generators on in necessary places, like the medical center" Kevin said, like he read my mind.

We walked into a room and I cracked a smile at the sight of my lover

---------------------------

Sorry for no updates lately. Summer has been busy but I don't really have any excuses. I'm sowy and I want feedback. What do you guys think of this book so far? #Muchluv

-Hoopinater