Chapter 15 // New Beginnings

Dan's POV:

I open my eyes, it’s dark and cold. I’m so confused, i then remember it all. I got back from the date and fell asleep. It was so cold today what the hell. I rub my eyes forcing myself to wake up quickly. I push the blanket off me and look at the time it was 7pm. I stand to my feet and pick up my phone from where i had left it on my bed side table.

I have two messages, must be Emma. One from Emma, i hope she’s available for tomorrow. Today was just what i needed and it got my mind off things. The other was from Phi- NO not again please. I stand there hesitant to open it. I can’t do it again, leave me alone! I want to be free. Let me be happy; i say to myself. After a while of built up anxiety i couldn’t take it anymore. I threw my phone onto my bed and went to get some food. I’m not going to open it, I’m better off not knowing what it says. It’s probably something harsh and unbearable.

Oh no the voices are back, they are saying horrible things. ''What if its Phil’s mum and she really does hate you’’ the voices say. No but if it was how are they disappearing! ''Phil never liked you'' The voices continue. ''Let him go'' The voices say before stopping. THAT’S IT. I’m looking at it! I run down the hall way and open my door with a lot of force it then slamming behind me. I grab my phone unlocking it. By this point i was sweating really badly. My stomach was tied in knots. My legs felt like jelly i had to sit down. I take a seat on the side of my bed biting my lip. My stomach lightens in shock. The message wasn’t harsh or rude or hurtful. It simply said ''I’m okay, you need to let me go, she’s good for you, and she will help you to recover otherwise you’ll be stuck on me... You’ll be stuck on these text, it’s the right thing to do''.

I lock my phone and slowly lay my head down on a pillow, lost in my thoughts. Was this a sign, would Phil want me to see a lot more of her, would he be happy for me... Maybe she would help me get through this... I then remember i still have a text from Emma. ''Yeah of course, missing you x''. After all this i kind of just want to see her, and be with her. ''Can you possible come by now, would love to see you x'' i reply unsure of the answer id get. A few minutes later i get a message back ''Be there soon xx''. I hope she doesn’t think i want to do anything more than talk... I should probably fix my hair up and put on a change of clothes before she gets here. I text her my address before finding a new shirt.

****

She arrives at my door, god she was cute. She put butterflies in my stomach. She stood there with her gorgeous long hair in a simple but very cute outfit. She wore denim jeans and a white sweater. I could just cuddle her for hours. She smiles and i open the door to let her through. She brought over a pizza. Made me very happy, i was so hungry. I’d forgotten to eat i guess. I had a pretty girl in my house and pizza, I’m so lucky. ''You look so gorgeous'' I tell her. ''Thank you, wanna help me eat this'' She asks. I nod and laugh. We sit on the couch. ''What movie''? I ask. ''I don’t mind, i won’t be watching the movie when i have you sitting beside me'' she smiles. Wow, she’s perfect. I smile back at her and grab the remote to turn the tv off. I turn to her and place the pizza box between us. She grabs a slice and puts in her mouth and begins to eat. I do the same. ''So why'd you want to see me so soon'' she asks. ''Just wanted to see you smile again, plus i didn’t feel like being alone'' I answer her. ''I hope you don’t mind but Chris told me about your Friend... Phil. He will be okay and when he wakes up he will have you standing there waiting for him''. I feel really warm inside. She cared. I feel like i could open up to her... It’s been a day and i feel as if i could trust her with the world. ''Yeah i know, it’s been a rough couple of weeks but i got there'' I say picking up another piece of pizza. ''You'll have me when you don’t feel so okay'' She said while reaching for my hand. I grip onto her hand. It felt so right. I felt myself melt when she let out those words. I let her hand go to place the pizza box on the coffee table so i could get closer to her. We kind of sat there for a while, not talking. She had her head rested on my shoulder with her hands in mine. But the silence wasn’t awkward. It was comforting.