Chapter 26 // The End? (Part 2)

- WARNING - Blood warning, i didnt desribe it much or focus on it but still, if you get sick from things like that easy im sorry! xo

Matildas POV: 

I can hear screaming. I get up in a hurry. I quickly open the door. I then am startled by a loud gunshot making me jump back. My mind is racing. If I walk in on Dan dead, I won’t be okay. I feel tears swell up in my eyes. I stand there for a short second panicking not knowing what to do

I make my way out the door quietly, trying not to make a sound. Otherwise I would be next. I look around the corner into Dan's room trying not to get caught. I see Emma standing there with her back towards me. She is standing tall and pointing a gun directly at Dan. In that small second that I saw Dan standing there. My heart slowed down. The relief of seeing him still alive and okay is great news. I could see he was sweating, he looked seconds away from a break down. ''I’m going to have to kill you now, what a shame nothing worked out.'' I heard Emma threatening Dan. I knew I had to do something. I couldn’t just stand here and let him stand at gun point. I hurry into the kitchen, not thinking much. I open the top draw, trying not to make a sound. I wonder my eyes around searching for the sharpest and biggest knife I could find. I start to make my way back to Dan's room. But something pulls my body to a stop.

Am I about to kill someone?

Do I want to live with this for the rest of my life?

What if I go to jail?

I hurry a little further to Dan's room, getting the knife ready. I can feel myself starting to sweat. My nerves are making me feel so sick. My heart is beating out of my chest. I take a few deep breathes and then take a look around the corner again. I see Dan crying hardly getting his words out. ''Oh what’s the use, my life is a big nothing! I feel as if I’m sleepwalking, I’m not really here but I am, I can hear everyone but can’t understand anything. Everything is just a blur to me. I always have a constant cycle of thoughts running through my head. It never stops! I don’t want to be here anymore! I’m done with everyone! Everything just turns to shit!''  He pauses then continues. ''SHOOT ME, SHOOT ME NOW’’! Dan screams looked terrified and afraid of what’s next.

''Well you’re in luck, because I might just do that''.

''Love ya''.

The world slows down. Time stops ticking. And all I can hear is the screaming and crying of Dan. The harsh words of Emma. And the reaction from Phil about Dan's death. Dan & Phil have been through too much for this shit. I feel anger build up inside of me. I emerge from the corner and into Dan's room, time still ticking ever so slowly. Everything flashing before my eyes. Dan. Phil. Emma. My family. My career. I don’t take a second to think. I arch my hand up and pierce it through Emma’s back as her scream is all I hear in my ears. My ears then ring. Emma's face goes into immediate shock and her face shows us she is slightly winded for a short moment. She then falls back into my arms. ''I pity you bitch''. I whisper into her ear lowering her to the floor. Her eyes then close. I glance down at the stab wound before pulling the knife out slowly... The knife is covered in blood. It’s making me a little sick. I've never seen this much blood. Her blood is so thick and it just seems endless. I let her go and fall to the ground, realising what I had just done. I’m filled with panic, I can’t stop shaking. I look over at Dan. He is sat up against the bed take deep breathes, still sobbing. He looks very shaken by this whole thing. All I want right now is to go over to him and hug him and tell him everything is okay but I just can’t. I’m frozen with fear. Everything is shaky and uneasy. All I can hear is screams & cries. I somehow get the words out. ''I told you id kill a bitch for you''. I giggle as I lay my head back against Dan's door, trying to calm myself.

Dan's POV:

 I sit there on my bed. Processing the whole night. I was so upset and overwhelmed that I couldn’t speak nor move. Matilda was still over on the bloody floor by Emma. Like what are we meant to even do with the body? When she goes missing it was because of us! When her family grieves, it will be because of us! I-I’m a murderer? I can feel the guilt eating inside of me, I did this to Emma. I also put Matilda in this position. I ruined her life. I look over and Matilda is in the corner with her hands wrapped around her knees. Her head resting in her lap. ''W-Why did you do that''! I say horrified. She looks up with tear stained cheeks. ''Dan, she was going to kill you, I had no choice''! She shouts back obviously feeling confused. ''You should have let it be me! Now I have to live knowing I ended a person’s life, I was the reason! The guilt is already eating me alive. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME MATILDA, I WANT TO DIE''! I start to cry my chest heaving, inhuman sobs coming from deep within my soul, the tears lasted minutes. Allowing me to feel more pain than I ever have before. My heart and head were surrounded with painful memories. ''YOU SHOULD HAVE LET ME DIE, I WANT OUT''. I feel my eyes fill with tears before I sob even harder this time.

****

So i have 6k reads after like 2 days so thank you so so much! Its unbelievable! Also this is just a short update so youse know what is happening with the whole cliff hanger in the last part. I will proabably update next week sometime. I am pretty busy this weekend. I will try make time though c: I hope everyone is still enjoying this phanfic and following along. Bye for now! <3