Chapter 22 // Making A Friend

Phil’s POV:

Dan just texted me, he is coming back... I wonder why he is back so soon. ''Uh am I allowed a visitor, please?'' I kindly asked the nurse. ''Yeah you are allowed visitors for a little bit.'' She said smiling as exiting the room. Shortly after Dan comes in the room looking like a mess. ''Dan, are you alright?!'' I say slightly worried. ''Uh yeah, you know that girl I started seeing, her names Emma and I screwed up.'' He starts sobbing. ''Oh my god Dan, you'll be okay. Tell me what happened.'' He starts pacing around the room. ''I don’t want to talk about it but we had sex, and I really enjoyed it and I love her but let’s just say I said something I shouldn’t have... Fuck, I should have kept my mouth shut!'' He aggressively sits in the chair and pulls at his hair. ''Dan, I’m sure she will forgive you. It couldn’t have been that bad. Plus you're Dan Howell, no one could resist you, trust me, I’m your best friend, you’ll find a way to get her back.'' I give him a reassuring smile. He looks up and smiles and I can see his mind go elsewhere.

Dan's POV:

 ''Dan, I’m sure she will forgive you. It couldn’t have been that bad. Plus you're Dan Howell, no one could resist you, trust me, I’m your best friend, you’ll find a way to get her back.'' Phil says giving me the cutest smile. Phil has a smile that anyone could fall in love with. I wish I could tell him. But I honestly can’t. It would destroy everything, plus he hasn’t been awake for long. I’m being selfish. I just love him so much. And I’m basically stealing his spotlight and all he cared about was me, he put aside his worry’s for mine. That’s the best thing I could ask for. ''Phil, do you remember when we first met.'' He laughs. ''Yeah that was fun.'' Phil says laughing. ''And Philisnotonfire 1, when you hugged me at the end that was nice.'' I say feeling anxious but it was the truth. ''Yeah I need a hug, more hugs from my best friend would be nice.'' My heart paused. I felt so under pressure. What if the hug was awkward? What if I smell? What if he hates it? What if he's lying? I stand up and gesture my arms for a hug. Bending down wrapping my arms around Phil’s and all that pressure goes away because this isn’t awkward. This is perfect. I don’t know if it’s just me but this feels so right. Phil gives the best hugs. I think I forgot how good they were. Gosh I missed him. We let go and I sit back down. ''I really missed you and I want to come home.'' Phil says looking at me like he was really missing home. ''You can’t yet, I’m afraid.''

****

I get home and Emma isn’t there. I feel so disappointing in myself for everything. I feel so crappy. Why am I such a shitty person? Ugh. I see a note sitting on the table. I grab it to read the note. ''I understand how you must be feeling, you must be confused so I’ve gone home. Call me when you've figured stuff out. I hope you're okay and same goes for Phil. Just focus on looking after your best friend and getting him home. I love you Daniel.'' I feel so angry with myself. I can't stay at this place alone. I have to go elsewhere. I decide to go get Starbucks or something. I just need to go anywhere.

****

I’m walking down the street thinking to myself about how to get Phil home as soon as possible. As I hear someone calling my name. I turn to see the same nurse who told me about Phil. ''Oh hi, Matilda. I’m so happy to see you.'' I say hugging her. ''Hey, so I heard about Philip, that’s great news. How are you feeling now?'' She inquires. ''Yeah I’m alright, just want Phil home but he can’t be so I needed to get out, but have nowhere to go.'' I laugh. ''Come for lunch then, I’m going to grab some food come with me.'' I follow her to a small burger place. ''Phil should be allowed home soon anyway, like a week maybe earlier because he had no damage done and he is doing really well.'' Matilda tells me. ''OH MY GOD REALLY.'' I then quite down because people are looking. ''I just miss him so much and I want this to be over and get back to life.'' ''Yeah I understand, well you can always call me if you need a friend. I’ll try talk to the hospital about Phil’s release.''

****

This is just a filler like nothing happened haha oops. And i want Phil to come home because the phanfic must go on but usually, after a coma you stay in a lot longer c': Im feeling sick so this chapter isnt that good but ill update properly when im feeling better. Also thank you all for nearly 3.7k!! x