Chapter 8: Brutal packs

Namjoon was angry at himself. He had tried chasing the alpha and following Jimin's strong scent, but when they reached the river, more betas and alphas had been waiting. The large alpha wolf who he assumed to be the head alpha, began going downriver. Namjoon tried to follow, but the betas and alpha wolves prevented that. Even when he had killed most of them and tried following, he lost both the sight and scent of Jimin and the alpha. He had tried to pick up their trail on the riverbank, but to no avail. Deciding there was nothing more he could do, he returned with a broken heart at losing an omega.

When he came into the familiar clearing, he saw the remnants of the battle that had taken place only hours ago. The entire place reeked of fresh blood. He walked over the bodies of the betas that had been killed, most likely by Jungkook and Yoongi. He followed their scents, the smell of his pack's blood into their den.

He came inside and felt his heart shatter. Taehyung was sobbing loudly and Jungkook was doing his best to comfort him. Yoongi was still in wolf form and tending to Hoseok's wounds. The injured alpha was still conscious, and he glanced at Namjoon weakly when he appeared.

"....What... Where's Jin?" He asked. With a sinking heart, he had a feeling he already knew.

Jungkook looked on the verge of tears as he faced the pack alpha. "T-they took him... We tried everything, hyung. We could only protect Tae..." He mumbled sadly. "I'm sorry..."

Taehyung was crying hard, it made Namjoon wince at how deep his sobs were, they racked his body and he clenched his chest as if he had a physical injury there. His body was curling in on itself and Jungkook did his best to support him.

Namjoon slowly approached the omega. "Tae... you're injured... You need to let us treat it..."

Taehyung shook his head. "N-no! G-go find Jimin and Jin h-hyung! Please!" He choked out, before all but collapsing into Jungkook's arms.

Namjoon fully intended on getting Jimin and Jin back. It was getting dark and although it tore him apart to not look for them, and to see their remaining omega hurt like this, he knew it would be safer for all of them if they waited until morning.

He took over for Jungkook and the young alpha looked grateful. He shifted and limped his way to Yoongi and Hoseok, tending to Yoongi's injuries.

Namjoon pulled Taehyung onto his lap, cradling the omega and emitting his alpha scent to calm him. He knew it had worked when Taehyung's sobs had lowered to small whimpers and sniffles. He clung to Namjoon desperately, trying to get the words out of his mouth.

"P-please alpha- Please... I can't live without them...!" He blubbered between sniffles.

Namjoon rubbed Taehyung's back, holding the omega's head to his chest. "Shh, shh...." He tried soothing Taehyung. "I'm going to get them back. I'll look with Jungkook first think tomorrow morning, okay?"

"P-promise?" He asked weakly.

Namjoon kissed his forehead tenderly. "Promise." He confirmed.

After that, Taehyung was much, much calmer. All of the alphas could still smell his distressed scent and it broke their hearts, but the next time Namjoon asked if he could tend to his wounds, Taehyung nodded and allowed Namjoon to shift and clean them.

Jin awoke laying in soft furs. He blinked blearily as he sat up and looked around the room-like space they were in. It was a small room that looked to be underground. The only source of light were a few candles lit. He looked to what seemed like the exit. It was a dark tunnel, but Jin could hear voices coming from the end of it. Jin realized they were laying on a large pile of furs that was being used as a makeshift bed. He looked to his side and saw Jimin laying unconscious beside him.