Chapter 16: Don't hate me

"Before I tell you anything, promise me you won't hate me."

Jin was lying comfortably on Namjoon's lap, the alpha's arms wrapped around his middle and his back against his chest. The two were still in the tree, and as the sun began peeking out from the distant mountains, Namjoon figured it was time they leave, but he wanted to hear Jin out first.

"Nothing you say could make me hate you, Jin." Namjoon murmured, resting his chin on Jin's shoulder.

"E-even though I lied when I first met you? I wasn't... I didn't just wander into another pack's territory... What really happened.... It was too horrible. I thought you'd hate me." He sobbed, hanging his head in shame.

Namjoon hummed thoughtfully. "Jin, I'd lay down my life for you. I'll be with you and love you as long as I'm able. You mean the world to me."

Jin nodded through tears, gulping audibly as he attempted to string his words together. If he were to be honest, he was terrified. He didn't want to relive his past and he didn't want Namjoon to know the details. But he needed to get it off his chest. His mate needed to know this about him.

"My father always set up meetings with potential mates. When Junho defeated the other alpha's, he was technically allowed to mate me, whether I consented or not." Jin started, his voice wavering.

"We're not doing this right now Jin."

Jin was sitting in what was supposed to be a nest made of furs. Junho had collected all kinds during his hunts, and now Jin was adorned with them.

"What kind of mate doesn't allow their omega out? And for a very important reason! Junho, all I want is to see my mother." Jin complained, crossing his arms stubbornly. His heart was pounding in his chest and he was nervous about how Junho would react to his defiance.

The alpha's shoulders slacked, and he sighed loudly. "No is no. You're not a pup, Jin. Deal with it."

Jin opened his mouth to argue, but had second thoughts when he remembered that Junho had used an alpha voice on him that morning. He didn't want that to happen again, so he closed his mouth in defeat. He sulked, throwing himself onto the furs and huffing. Once Junho won the right to be his mate, Jin was subjected to meetings nearly everyday with him. He felt like an object. He was no longer his father's, but Junho's. Jin was visiting Junho at the moment, trying to convince the alpha to let him visit his mother's grave.

But Junho held firm. If anything, he was just as strict as his father.

"...But you know.... If you just let me mate you, I wouldn't have a problem with you going anywhere. No alpha's would be able to take you away from me." Junho spoke, eyeing Jin to see his reaction.

Jin shook his head violently. He wasn't ready to mate with Junho. He was scared of him. He wondered if Junho even truly ever cared for him. "You think that badly of me...?" He asked. He couldn't help but feel hurt.

Junho snorted. "I think all omega's are the same. Your mother was just as much of a slut as you are."

Jin fought against his tears. He didn't want Junho to know that he had hurt him so much that he'd cry. He wasn't going to give Junho that kind of satisfaction. "...How can you be so cruel?" Jin mumbled weakly. Every meeting ended with Jin close to tears, and today was no different.

Junho rounded on Jin, grabbing a fist full of his hair and yanking his head back. "Me!? What about you!? You knew all of the alpha's were drawn to you, you knew you were desired, lusted after." He seethed.

Jin whimpered, his hands coming up to try and pry Junho's hands off of him. "I'm desired as an object, not a person!" He cried, hating himself for the tears that finally escaped and ran down his cheeks.