Chapter 66: A different kind of alpha?

Hey everyone~
It's a sort of sad day, because this friend I made from Germany is going home. We ate Korean bbq, went to an arcade, then ate at a dessert café before she left. I'm so sad, because she was such a great friend!

I got to see GOT7!! I was so happy. You know their comeback show for Mcountdown? I went to that! Aghases really impressed me, because they were the only fandom that didn't push to the front. NCT's fans were horrible with that ;; I also saw JYP lol. He rolled down the window when he pulled up to JYP entertainment. What an attention seeker lol.

It's 6 am and I haven't really gotten much sleep, but tbh I slept all day yesterday. I got home from class at around noon and slept until 6 pm. My sleeping schedules really off! This chapter is pretty uneventful, but don't worry. Calm before the storm I guess? lol

Jungkook was confused when he opened his eyes and found that no one was in the den with him. His heart sped up and he kicked the fur off of him. The fire was still going, like it had been tended to just recently, but that did nothing to reassure him. It had been a few days and during that time, he had been in and out of consciousness. He was fully awake now, however. He stumbled toward the entrance of the den and shivered at how freezing cold it was. It was a blizzard outside and his first thought was where Taehyung was. It was too cold for the pregnant omega to be out.

Should he shift and go look for them? He looked down to his legs. His knees were shaking and it was taking a great effort to keep himself standing upright. He was frustrated with himself for being so pathetically weak.

He was supposed to be a strong, reliable alpha. How was he going to be there for Taehyung and the pups when he couldn't even stand properly? He stepped into the snow and cringed as his skin tingled from the cold. He couldn't even smell the others and his heart raced faster. He stumbled forward, his legs too weak to push through as snow was up to his knees. He collapsed, now sitting in the snow and looking around helplessly. It was daytime but he couldn't see anything. The snow was bright and blinding and the only thing he could make out were trees.

He should shift. He really should shift. In his wolf form, he had fur and was significantly stronger, but his limbs felt heavy and he didn't think he could even if he tried. Where was everyone? Why did they leave him?

His heart dropped when he thought about the others abandoning him. What was the point in having a useless alpha in the pack? Would Namjoon do that? Would Taehyung and Hoseok really let him do that? Would they really leave him without so much as a goodbye?

He let out a short sob. A gust of wind made him sway to the side and he didn't try to fight it. He let himself be knocked over and instead curled up into a ball. What was the point in living if everyone was gone? If he was abandoned and unloved?

"Jungkook!? What are you doing out here!?"

His heart stopped, and suddenly he was enveloped in warmth. Hoseok's voice became his lifeline, and he clung to it.

He was being lifted, but he was too weak to hold onto his mate. Instead he cried, deep sobs racking his body. More than anything, he was relieved. Maybe if everyone abandoned him, at least Hoseok had stayed.

They were once again back in the den and he was placed by the fire again. He could see Hoseok clearly, his face pale and his movements stuttered, most likely because he couldn't believe he had found Jungkook in such a state. He took the fur and wrapped it tightly around Jungkook, then pulled him onto his lap and hugged him closely to his chest.

The two sat in silence for a while, Jungkook overcome with relief and happiness to be in Hoseok's arms.

"Were you looking for us?"