Chapter 17: I've only seen you

Yoongi was exhausted, but he couldn't sleep. Jimin's heat had finally broke, allowing the omega to finally get a good nights sleep. He glanced to his side, to where Jimin was curled up. Bruises littered his skin and his hair stuck out oddly with god knows what fluids. His body rose and fell with even breaths and he smiled fondly at how peaceful he looked.

He stood up and stumbled out of the small den. The storm had passed, and he scrunched his nose at the feeling of mud getting between his toes.

It felt like such a long time since he was able to let his guard down. He saw Hoseok, Jungkook, and Taehyung just outside. Taehyung was yipping happily as Jungkook playfully chased him. Hoseok stood watch and was the first to take notice of Yoongi approaching.

Taehyung shifted as soon as he noticed Yoongi was there, running and latching himself to Yoongi's arm. "Alpha! Is Jimin's heat over?" He asked, already heading towards the small den.

"He's asleep!" Yoongi told him, but worried that Taehyung hadn't heard him. He sighed just as Jungkook shifted and walked over to him, arms crossed and looking apprehensive.

"You're finally awake." He stated. Hoseok made a low growl, already knowing where Jungkook was taking this. "Don't think we didn't smell you with Jimin and Tae."

Yoongi rolled his eyes, brushing past Jungkook to sit down next to Hoseok. "We've all had them at least once. What's different this time that makes you so angry about it?"

"Everything." Jungkook shot back. "It isn't the same anymore. Namjoon's not around, and you're acting like the next pack alpha when no on agreed to you being one."

"I was Namjoon's second in command, nearly a beta!" Yoongi growled dangerously, his eyes alit with aggression.

"You were appointed that before I presented. Now, Tae needs someone. He needs to be mated, hyung. If I do it, I wouldn't need to worry about him being taken by that pack like Jimin or Jin had!"

"So what!? Are you planning to challenge me for the spot of a pack alpha!?" Yoongi was suddenly on his feet, looking close to pouncing on Jungkook at a moments notice. "You never knew Namjoon like I did, he's not dead and yet you're acting as if he is!"

Hoseok shifted to intervene. "Stop it you two, this isn't the time to fight." He stepped between the two, and Jungkook only looked offended by the action.

"I'm not some kid that needs to be treated as if I'm throwing a tantrum!" He seethed, stepping forward and getting into Hoseok's face.

Yoongi sighed. It was never a good idea to argue with Hoseok, who was an experienced fighter, a warrior. He noticed Taehyung walking out of the den with Jimin, their eyes wide as they came upon the scene.

With omega's around, Hoseok only grew more apprehensive. Jungkook was becoming a threat, and his job first and foremost was to protect the omega's. When Jungkook bared his teeth and raised his arm to swipe, Yoongi knew the fight was over before it even began.

Hoseok grabbed Jungkook's hand, twisting it until the young alpha yelped in pain and fell to his knees. Hoseok shoved him so that he was laying on his back and Taehyung whimpered as he stepped over him and pinned Jungkook there, holding him down by his neck. "Don't you ever try and threaten us. We're supposed to be thinking about what's best for these two!" He pointed to Taehyung and Jimin, who flinched at being addressed by the angry alpha. "Know your place!" With that, he pushed himself off of Jungkook, who coughed and turned onto his side to regain his breath.

Yoongi walked over to Jimin, who still looked pretty tired. He shot a glare at Taehyung for waking the omega and preventing him from getting proper sleep. "Y-Yoongi... What's going on?" Jimin asked. He glanced down to where the alpha had an arm around his waist and was half shielding him from Jungkook.