Chapter 29: Bad timing

Jin was honestly excited. They were walking again, and this time he felt better, enough to walk the rest of the way by himself. He was trotting happily beside Namjoon, eager to get back to the others. It wouldn't take long now, they were almost there. It was morning, and the sky actually looked clear and bright blue. The storm had disappeared.

He was stuck to Namjoon's side, mostly because the alpha didn't want him out of his sight for a second, especially since they were now in a different pack's territory. Jin wondered how Jungkook and the others hadn't been discovered yet. After all, the smell of Taehyung was strong enough to linger on Hoseok and Yoongi. He supposes it had something to do with his pheromones changing to make alpha's more protective, more aware of him while pregnant.

He wondered how alpha's reacted once their omega was pregnant. In his old pack, he's only ever seen alpha's breed an omega, then either prepare to breed another one, or claim the omega as theirs like a trophy. Jin didn't know if there were ever any good alpha's in his old pack. It made him much more curious to know how Taehyung's pregnancy would turn out.

Jin yelped when he felt Namjoon nuzzle against him. He had been lost in his thoughts, and the alpha seemed to know this. Namjoon snorted and Jin tried nipping his jaw lightly in retaliation.

Namjoon wanted him to stay close. He had gotten so much more protective of Jin ever since their fight with Junho. Each time Jin strayed too far, or ran ahead, Namjoon would immediately call him back. Jin knew Namjoon was just trying to protect him, but it felt overbearing. He glanced behind them, to where Yoongi was supporting Hoseok.

He was honestly worried about Hoseok. The alpha was slow, and he looked like he was leaning heavily on Yoongi. Jin nuzzled Namjoon underneath his jaw, before walking back to the two. He walked at their pace and licked Hoseok affectionately on the cheek. He doesn't remember the last time he's felt this happy. He didn't need to fear Junho or his father finding him. He didn't think he even had to be afraid of alpha's anymore. He looked to the three alpha's, and his heart warmed.

The sun was blaring down at them and despite the heat, all he wanted to do was run. He wanted to get back to the others as soon as possible.

He ran around to Yoongi, and nuzzled against the alpha. Yoongi was panting heavily from exertion. He and Namjoon had been taking turns, but Yoongi had insisted he could support Hoseok the rest of the way back. He acknowledged Jin however, and quickly licked his cheek as he pulled away.

Namjoon had been glancing back at Jin. He knew Jin wanted more freedom, but with everything that had happened, he didn't think it was wrong for him to want to protect him. Jin came running back to him, still as hyper as ever.

Jin had a sort of innocence to him. He was kind, and Namjoon hated that someone like him had to go through so much. He honestly never wanted to see Jin in any more pain. The omega's definitely been through enough. They were getting closer to the den, and Jin picked up his pace.

Namjoon felt beyond relieved when he smelt the others, Hoseok's legs were just about ready to give out and he desperately needed rest. They had just spotted the den when both Jimin and Taehyung came running out, followed by a startled Jungkook. Taehyung had tears in his eyes as he fell to his knees in front of Hoseok. He threw his arms around his neck tightly, and Yoongi stepped away to allow the two to reunite properly.

Jimin was calmer, he ran over and his body collided into Yoongi's. Yoongi shifted and pulled the omega tighter to his body by the waist, practically lifting him from the ground. Jimin giggled in delight and wrapped his arms around Yoongi's neck, connecting their lips.

Jin was watching happily, relieved to see the two. His smile faltered when he noticed Jungkook watching Taehyung and Hoseok, his expression unreadable.