Chapter 76: That's not all we are

Hello everyone! Here's a longer chapter ^^ I'll add new tags soon enough. I'm a bit busy, so I can't say much here, but I thought I'd drop an update~

There is some slight underlying clashing with the dynamics of Namjoon and Jin's relationship, and the others relationship that is highlighted in this chapter. Let me know your thoughts on it!

After the raging blizzard last night, it finally seemed to begin to warm up. Taehyung was crouched down at the entrance of the den, watching as icicles melted and dripped into forming puddles. The sun warmed him up, and he sighed happily as he basked in their peaceful new home.

He heard rustling and saw snow falling off the branches of nearby bushes. He tilted his head slowly and stood up. Curiosity got the best of him, and with a nervous glance back, he decided to step out of the den.

He stepped into the snow, wincing as his feet sank in until his knees. It was cold, but he didn't think he should shift, not yet. He approached the shaking bush, eager to find out what was moving.

As he leaned over, a small, brown rabbit leapt from its hiding place, startling the omega. He yelped and fell back, landing on his butt in the snow.

The rabbit's nose twitched nervously, but it didn't run. Taehyung scrambled to stand up, struck with an idea. With a grin, he shifted and tried pouncing on the small animal. Unfortunately, he went face first into more snow. He continued trying to catch food, hoping he could return and show it off proudly to everyone. He didn't have any experience, but this was good practice, right?

He pounced once more, but whined when he came up with nothing.

"TAE!" He jumped, hearing Hoseok's booming voice. He watched as the rabbit scampered away and realized that he had been so focused on catching the animal, that he didn't notice he had wandered away from the den.

With his ears lowered, he returned.

He was unsurprised to see Hoseok looking frantic, waiting by the mouth of the den. When Taehyung appeared, he immediately ran over to him. Taehyung barely had the chance to shift back before he was pulled into a tight, bone-crushing hug. "Dammit, Tae! I was so worried! What were you doing!?" Hoseok growled.

Taehyung blinked in shock. Jungkook and Jimin came out as well, probably hearing all the noise.

"I saw a rabbit... and I wanted to catch it. I wanted to try hunting too." Taehyung mumbled.

"You should rest! And don't just wander off without telling one of us! You were supposed to be getting water." Hoseok scolded in frustration.

"Hobi..." Jimin began, but Taehyung was shoving the alpha off.

"I'm not a pup, Hobi! I can try, can't I!?" Taehyung argued. "Namjoon's always said we have the freedom to do these things!"

Jungkook stepped forward with crossed arms. "That doesn't change the fact that you're an omega. Tae, even if we let you, we still worry. You omegas are so fragile after all... you could get hurt. Everyone knows hunting isn't an omega's forte."

Jimin shot a glare at him. "Then what is?"

A heavy silence fell over all of them.

"I didn't mean-" Jungkook sputtered.

"Enough. There's enough happening without all of you causing more drama." Yoongi suddenly appeared. "The day has just begun, let's all just go back inside and wait for Namjoon and Jin to come." He turned to Taehyung and Jimin, who still looked apprehensive. "Let's go back inside, you two. The pups are going to wake any minute."

Jimin and Taehyung hesitated, causing Yoongi to raise a brow.

Taehyung looked down, stomping past the alphas and going back inside. Yoongi moved aside, a deep frown on his face. He turned to Jimin, but the omega looked upset. Jimin tried following, but he quickly took hold of his arm. "Jimin..."