Chapter 22: Reasoning

Jin kept running. He didn't necessarily want to catch up to Yoongi and Hoseok, since they'd most likely send him back. He trailed behind them in hopes of getting to Namjoon in time.

Apparently they didn't make it very far.

The scent hit his nose and sent a wave of fear coursing through his body. He gasped and had to cling to a tree to steady himself.

He had been following Yoongi and Hoseok, and had stumbled on a standoff. He slumped to the ground, his legs giving out on him.

"I'll kill you both if you don't let me through." His father ominously said.

Jin never imagined that he'd have to hear that voice again. He curled into himself more, his heart pounding rapidly from fear.

"Shut the fuck up."

Jin was surprised to hear Hoseok's voice sound so angry and intimidating. He shivered at the tone the alpha had used.

"Speak that way to me again and I'll tear your throat out!" His father sneered. "... And Jin, I've been looking for you everywhere. Get out here and greet me properly."

Shakily, Jin pushed himself up. He took a deep breath and walked out from behind the trees. He tried to ignore the shocked and angry looks both Hoseok and Yoongi were giving him.

"Please... let them go..." He pleaded, a little hesitant to get any closer.

"Just so they could come back and attack us later? No. I will kill every member of this new pack of yours, omega. Starting with these two." He turned to Hoseok and Yoongi, quickly shifting and charging at them.

Yoongi shifted and met the larger alpha's charge, both clashing and trying to bite into the others neck. Hoseok also shifted and ran to Jin, standing protectively in front of him.

Jin's father was big in his wolf form. He pinned Yoongi down and sneered at him angrily. Before he had the chance to deliver the final blow, Hoseok quickly ran at the large alpha and bit into his leg. Hoseok used all his strength to pull the larger alpha off of Yoongi and dug his fangs deeper into the flesh.

Jin's father howled in pain and released Yoongi in order to swipe at Hoseok, who jumped back once Yoongi was freed.

The larger alpha was furious. He made another attempt at attacking, and leapt at Hoseok.

Hoseok dodged it rather easily, but was caught off guard when Jin's father turned and stomped on one of his front legs.

Yoongi jumped on top of the large alpha and tried sinking his teeth into its neck, but missed and ended up biting into his shoulder instead.

Jin could only watch as his father tried to throw Yoongi off, and as Hoseok limped away to safety. He felt incredibly useless.

Hoseok came up to him and shifted. "Jin, you need to leave right now." He told him, grasping the omega's arms. "Tell Jungkook to leave without us."

Jin shook his head, taking Hoseok's hand in his own. "Don't say that. Don't make it sound like you two will die here...!" He cried, clenching his eyes shut to stop the tears already threatening to fall. "I can't... I don't know what to do...." He mumbled.

Yoongi yelped loudly when Jin's father finally succeeded in throwing him off. He landed on the ground with a harsh thud, and Hoseok quickly shifted to help.

Hoseok pounced on the larger alpha and both toppled over, each trying to get the upper hand as they snarled and snapped their jaws at each other.

Yoongi stood back up, stumbling a bit as he ran to the two fighting. Even with Yoongi's help, Jin's father was unable to be killed. He slashed at Hoseok, creating a big gash in his side. He then rolled over and used his hind legs to kick Yoongi off.