Chapter 10: Escape

Maybe this chapter is too rushed lol. I'll edit it when I get the chance and I'm sorry for any mistakes.... I hope all of you don't mind. I like writing fluff, more than anything else. I hope you all enjoy this chapter (And by extension, the next one that I'll upload very soon)

Namjoon had been at the other pack's den all day and it was currently midnight. He watched as the pack had discovered that Jimin was no longer there and had sent a search party out to find him. He only hoped that his pack had got out safely.

He had waited for any sort of opportunity to snatch a human alpha to interrogate, but none seemed to like being in human form. Namjoon guessed that had to play a part in why they were so vicious and animalistic. He was just about to move to another position but was stopped.

He froze. The smell hit him like a punch to the face. He gasped as it caressed his nostrils and did more than entice him.

Jin's heat.

He didn't smell it until now, could Jimin's heat have finally triggered it since they were taken together? He would've smelled at least a preheat, but all he smelled was Jin, definitely starting his actual heat. Anger boiled in his chest and he fought to control his emotions. That would mean an alpha triggered an early heat. He couldn't storm into the pack's den and fight all of them. It would be suicide.

He had been hiding low, watching as the pack cleared the remains of the battle earlier. The smell of death and blood permeated the air. Namjoon was glad they had gotten Jimin out of here, but Jin worried him. Omegas tend to get more sensitive when it comes to death and injury when they're in heat. The thought that Jin was being put through this made him feel guilty. He had failed as an alpha. It was supposed to be his job to protect his pack, especially his omegas.

His head shot up when he heard a loud scream. It had to be Jin's. With his heat, Namjoon could definitely find him. He looked at the alphas and betas that were outside of the den and he wondered why they weren't fighting like they had with Jimin.

That could only mean one thing... They weren't fighting because Jin was with the pack alpha. The leader. The fact that there was a challenge like that made Namjoon even more fired up.

Surprisingly, the alpha's den was further away from the den where Namjoon guessed the rest of the alphas and betas lived, something like a main den for commoners. He followed the scent of Jin's heat and came to the entrance of a larger den. He took a guess at the social hierarchy in this pack. If the alpha was living more luxurious than the rest of the pack, that must mean he was more revered, and more dominant than most pack alphas. To get that kind of compliance from betas and other alphas, one had to be exceptionally vicious and savage.

He sniffed around, deciding whether or not it was safe to enter. He hoped he could take Jin and leave. He didn't want Jin to be in more distress than he already was.

Once he decided that the pack alpha wasn't here, he crept inside. The den was much larger and the closer he got to Jin, the more restless he became. He couldn't lose control.

"Hah...A-ah...." Jin couldn't think. His body was burning and he couldn't find relief. In the back of his mind, he wondered if he could die from it.

The alpha hadn't returned. It was torture.

His tears had dried and when his heat intensified, he couldn't even think of why he was sad in the first place. He just needed a knot. He subtly remembered how awful it had been when he had only spent his heats with lowly betas, and it hadn't been remotely close to satisfying. He wondered how he had done it.

His eyes shot open at the smell of an alpha. His body was needy and wanting. As the smell got closer, he scrambled to present. He didn't know or care which alpha was coming for him, he just needed something, anything.