Chapter 64: That's not possible

When Hoseok opened his eyes, he was relieved to realize that his rut had finally ended. He stretched from where he was laying and shivered from the cold. Without the warmth of a rut pooling in his belly, he now felt just how cold it was becoming. He lightly sniffed the air and came to the conclusion that it was going to snow soon. They hadn't been able to beat the winter. He sighed, knowing that it meant that they'd be traveling with two, possibly three pregnant omegas in the freezing cold. The mountains were closer, meaning the temperatures would surely drop much lower than what they were used to.

They'd need to hurry and make it to the foot of the mountains. They were confident there would be a place to live.

Hoseok sighed as he thought about things returning to the way they used to be. He missed seeing their omegas playing outside, free of worry and safe from the threat of other wolves. Plus, they will also have pups running around. Don't get him wrong, he was going to treat Jungkook and Taehyung's pups as if they were his own, but he also wanted pups with Taehyung. He supposed it was good that the omega wanted lots of pups in the first place.

He ran his fingers through his hair and cringed at how filthy he was. Waking up after spending a rut or heat together was always a little gross, and a bit embarrassing. He had been driven by the frenzy of a rut, and could now hardly believe all the dirty things he had said to Jungkook.

Upon remembering the younger, He glanced to his side and smiled when he saw Jungkook with his back turned to him. Jungkook still smelled strange, but he himself had said that he didn't feel any different. Hoseok had decided to let it go. Maybe it would go away after washing off in the spring nearby.

They had fucked a little over two hours ago, which was definitely not enough time to rest. The sky was dark and their surroundings were only illuminated by the moon. He smiled, moving closer and relishing in just how warm Jungkook was. He nuzzled into the back of Jungkook's neck and buried his nose where the mating bite was. He inhaled deeply, loving the smell of his claim, knowing that Jungkook was his. They'd need to include Taehyung in this somehow. He knew the omega would be upset and feel left out now that Hoseok had mated with Jungkook. Even if it was an incomplete mating bond, it would surely hurt him.

He wondered if Jungkook was thirsty. He had done so much for him during his rut, and now Hoseok's aftercare instincts were kicking in once more. He'd need to get them something to eat and wash away the smell of rut before they returned to the others.

"Kook... We should head back. The others are probably waiting for us." He mumbled as he licked over the bite affectionately. He blinked when he received no response, but tried again. "Hey, Jungkook. Get up. We need to wash up and get back." Jungkook stirred from beside him and slowly lifted his head up. His hair was sticking up in all directions and Hoseok chuckled as he reached out to smooth some down. "Cute."

Jungkook yawned and laid his head back down, trying to nuzzle closer to Hoseok. "Five more minutes?" He mumbled as he rolled over and threw an arm around Hoseok's waist.

"We really do need to get back. The others are waiting for us, remember? ... And aren't you hungry?"

Jungkook scrunched up his nose in thought. "...Your ruts over?"

Hoseok started to move away, causing the younger to whine softly. Hoseok raised a brow at the sound coming from the other alpha, but said nothing. "Mm-Hm." He simply answered. Once he slipped free from Jungkook's hold, he stood up and stretched, groaning as he was able to stretch his muscles. He sniffed the air, wondering where the scent of water was coming from. He knew there was a small spring near here.

Behind him, Jungkook slowly sat up, groggily rubbing his eye and looking to Hoseok questioningly.

"Here, we'll wash up and head back. Maybe Namjoon or Yoongi got food." Hoseok told Jungkook as he walked over and helped him up. He kept their hands intertwined as they walked, following the smell of fresh water. Hoseok glanced at Jungkook every now and then, smiling when he saw how sleepy the other still looked. He did feel bad, since his rut was the cause of Jungkook's exhaustion, but once his eyes landed on the mating bite, he felt his heart warm.