Chapter 12: Cautious and on edge

Namjoon tried to sleep, but the shock of mating with Jin was still on the forefront of his mind. He had been so caught up in the moment that he had went and claimed him. He wasn't even completely sure if Jin wanted to be mated with him. They should've had a conversation first.

He had Jin wrapped in his arms, sleeping soundly. The bite mark was still red and healing. His knot had gone down and allowed them to separate. They had been going at it for nearly two days now, and Namjoon was a little relieved when Jin's heat broke to allow him to sleep.

It wasn't like he disliked the idea of being mated to Jin. He honestly couldn't think of anyone he'd rather be mated to.

He didn't know how long he'd been laying there, staring at Jin and contemplating their relationship and new pack dynamic. It was night now, and Jin must've been exhausted. The poor omega had dark bags under his eyes and his lips were chapped. Namjoon should get him some water.

He moved his hands up, gently threading his fingers through Jin's soft hair. Jin sighed and nuzzled into his chest more.

Namjoon didn't forget Jin's words. He couldn't get them out of his head. Jin didn't feel loved. He had tried to convey how he felt about the omega as best he could, but he knew they needed to talk.

Namjoon leaned down to scent Jin, noting that the omega's heat wasn't as strong as the first day. This was good. After Jin's heat was over, they'd be able to focus on finding the others. Namjoon knew his pack's scent well. Although they all had the general pack's scent, each one had a different, unique one as well. But surely they would've taken precautions to hide their scent for protection, so Namjoon would most likely have a difficult time locating them.

He just had to trust in them, and believe that they were okay.

He glanced outside, to the pouring rain and sighed. One good thing about this storm was that he didn't need to worry about Jin's old pack tracking their scent. He was no longer worried about the pack with no omegas. He had killed their pack alpha, meaning that the pack would be in a state of chaos while trying to decide a new pack alpha. He hoped they realized their alpha was dead and had turned back from going after Jungkook, Yoongi and Jimin while they evacuated from the den.

"Namjoon..."

He looked down to see Jin staring right back up at him.

"Jin." He smiled, brushing the others bangs from his face. "You haven't slept that long. You should go back to sleep."

Jin frowned, shyly averting his gaze to the alpha's chest. "...I can't sleep."

Namjoon began rubbing the others back soothingly, his smile growing when Jin leaned into the touch. "Why?" He asked softly. His eyes were drawn to the bite mark on Jin's neck and he couldn't help but feel even more protective over the omega.

"... I have too much on my mind." Jin admitted, his eyes fluttering closed when Namjoon leaned down to place a chaste kiss to his forehead.

"Really now? ....Maybe I can fix that?" Namjoon murmured as he moved to climb over Jin.

Jin whimpered, spreading his legs invitingly. "B-but..." He gasped when Namjoon leaned down to kiss and nip at his neck, moving to the other side and growling at the bite mark. He licked over it before moving to Jin's earlobe, sucking it into his mouth. "I-I want to t-talk..." Jin forced himself to finish. His mind was clouding over as his heat returned with the alpha's ministrations.

"Let me do this for you first, then we'll talk. Okay?" Namjoon asked hotly against his neck, his hands moving down from Jin's waist, to his thighs.

"O-okay...." Jin agreed weakly. He blushed, watching as Namjoon moved down his body. He hooked his hands under Jin's thighs and lifted them up, spreading the omega. Jin clenched his eyes shut in embarrassment. He tried closing his legs, but Namjoon's strong arms held them in place.