Chapter 15: Memories

Namjoon woke up early in the morning. The first thing he noticed was Jin laying in his arms. The omega had marks littering his body and Namjoon smiled at how Jin's head was resting on his chest. Jin's hair was cutely ruffled and Namjoon scented the air softly, noting the different smells.

He could smell Jin's nearly gone heat, the smell of slick, and their mating bond. He felt his heart warm at the thought of being mated to Jin. He let his fingers gently run down the omega's spine, smiling when Jin sighed and nuzzled into his chest more.

Jin was so precious to him. Namjoon wondered if it was his instincts making him feel this way, but Jin meant so much to him, and he would die if anything were to happen to him. Especially now that they were mated. He had been so worried that Jin would have regretted mating with him.

It had been sort of a spur of the moment thing, where he was too blinded with Jin's heat and the pheromones heavy in the air that he had claimed him without really thinking of how it would affect their relationship and pack dynamic.

But Jin seemed happy with it, and Namjoon had wanted him from the beginning, so of course he wasn't complaining.

When they reunite with the others, he'd have a lot of explaining to do. Now that him and Jin are mated, Yoongi will be able to mate with Jimin. He was worried about Taehyung. He knew that Hoseok and Taehyung had come from the same pack and were friends. He sort of figured they felt more for each other than what they were leading on. He never did find out what had happened to their relationship.

Carefully, he untangled himself from Jin, getting up without waking the other. He would need to wash Jin and get him some water before they left. Once he was sure the omega was still in a peaceful sleep, he stood up and exited the small makeshift den with the bark he had used to give Jin water before in his hands.

The air smelled fresh and dewy. The rain had passed, so Namjoon knew it was dangerous to be staying here without the cover of it to wash away their scents. He knew that Jin's old pack was still after them. He made his way to the river, whose gentle waters provided a good place to bathe, and submerged the tree bark under it. He lifted it up and drank. He submerged the bark once again and took it back into the small den.

"Jin?" He gently shook the other awake. He smiled at how Jin mumbled something and tried to burrow himself in the soft leaves and grass. Namjoon didn't want to think of what fluids had all got on it during Jin's heat. "Jin, I have some water here, drink." He told the other and held up the tree bark.

Jin blinked sleepily, turning to look at Namjoon and smiling. "Alpha." He whispered, his hands reaching out and cupping Namjoon's cheek.

Namjoon leaned into the touch, appreciating Jin's affections. "Drink some water, omega." He repeated, and offered the water.

Jin nodded and pushed himself up, gratefully taking the tree bark from Namjoon. He drank all of it and handed the bark back. "Thank you." He smiled and brought his knees up to his chest.

Namjoon leaned and gave him a kiss on the corner of his lips. "You're welcome."

Jin blushed and casted his eyes down. "When are we leaving?" He asked softly.

"Hmm.... I think you should bathe in the river first, but if you're hungry too, I can get you something to eat." Namjoon said thoughtfully as he turned to look out from the den. He could smell all sorts of animals in the area and knew it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to kill one.

Jin nodded and tried standing up. His knees buckled and he yelped when Namjoon caught him before he could fall forward. The alpha snorted and Jin thrashed in his hold. "S-shut up Namjoon!" He growled weakly, trying but failing to be released from the alpha's strong hold.