Chapter 60: I wasn't thinking

Jungkook had his hands clenched into fists to stop them from trembling. He was terrified of Hoseok attacking him again. He glanced down, to Jin who was looking up at him in a daze. His skin was tinted a pretty pink and his hair was wild. He already looked wrecked. Jungkook had expected to find Taehyung with Hoseok, so he was surprised to see Jin underneath him instead.

Hoseok looked like he was in pain. His dick was rock hard and dripping. Jungkook wasn't even in rut, but the smell Jin was emitting was making him dizzy. He could only imagine how Hoseok felt.

In his moment of clarity, Jin lifted himself from the ground on shaky arms and spoke in a stuttered, breathy voice. "J-Jungkook, it's okay. I agreed to help H-Hobi, Go b-" He didn't get the chance to finish, because Hoseok seemed to become fed up with waiting and had suddenly pulled Jin back and away from Jungkook. Jin yelped at the sudden use of force. Jungkook was panicking. He couldn't possibly get between the two, but he needed to get Jin away from Hoseok.

"You can't do this..." He repeated and took a step forward. "You both know that this is wrong. Maybe this would be okay if the situation were different, but... Jin is Namjoon's m-" He knew he had lost both of them when all he received was a snarl from Hoseok. He climbed over Jin, even going so far as to pin Jin's head down to the ground in an act of dominance. Jin whined and tried undulating his hips back in desperation.

Hoseok took hold of his cock once again and began rubbing it against Jin's entrance, coating it in slick. Jin moaned in delight and begged for Hoseok to hurry.

Jungkook took a deep breath. He was going to put his trust in Hoseok. He needed to stop this. When an omega helped an alpha with their rut, they come out of it reeking of that alpha. He just knew Namjoon would go berserk at the smell of a different alpha all over his mate.

"Omega. Stop. You will not let him breed you." He ordered, clenching his eyes shut because he didn't want to see the way his alpha voice had affected Jin. He hated using it. He hated that it turned omegas into mindless puppets.

But he had to open his eyes to see if it had worked. Since presenting as an alpha, he hasn't used it all that much.

Jin had slumped forward, completely limp underneath Hoseok. Hoseok's eyes shot up to Jungkook, dilated and feral. He bared his fangs angrily, but made no attempt at attacking Jungkook. He looked down, to where his hand was still on Jin's hip. Jin was dripping wet and Hoseok made a desperate whine in the back of his throat, but moved away. He crawled away from Jin, and Jungkook let out a sigh of relief.

He knew Hoseok wouldn't try to take Jin while he was affected by an alpha voice. He cautiously walked over to Jin and took the omega into his arms. He glanced up at Hoseok, who was eyeing him with dark eyes. Jungkook smiled in adoration. He had a newfound respect for Hoseok and couldn't help but love the other alpha more.

"I'll be back." He nodded in Hoseok's direction and stood up with Jin in his arms. He quickly ran back in the direction of their chosen campout. He didn't like leaving Hoseok alone while in rut. Even back when they had the mating den, someone had always stood watch. Namjoon explained that if an attacker came, an alpha would be rendered rather useless while knotted to an omega. Not to mention alphas in rut became more aggressive and territorial than ever. He wondered how Jimin and Yoongi were doing, since he had only been able to create a small, makeshift shelter for the two.

Namjoon must've smelled them approaching, because he was already walking toward them when Jungkook appeared. It was nearly morning, and Taehyung was fast asleep next to the fire.

"What happened?" Namjoon grimaced as he took Jin from Jungkook. "He smells like his rut."

Jungkook shook his head. "Nothing happened. I came before Hobi could... y'know. I'm sorry I used an alpha voice on him. I know how much he hates it, but it was the only thing I could think of to get him away from Hobi." He offered a small apologetic smile.