Chapter 70: I have a secret

Hey everyone. I was so overwhelmed by your support. Not even just on here, but on other social media too. A lot of you are right, I've invested a lot in this story. It's not that I want to finish just for closure, but I genuinely enjoy writing this. It wasn't enjoyable posting, for the fear of the sort of comments I'd receive. But I feel supported, thanks to all of you. So much so, that I've decided to continue. I know I said a week, but it's been a bit longer than that, right? I caught a bad cold this past weekend and was bed ridden. On Sunday night however I pushed myself to sit outside the BT21 store in Hongdae lol ^^;

It's my birthday today! Well, in Seoul it's not anymore, but back in the U.S it is! I went to watch Avengers Infinity War, it was amazing! I took all of my midterms and also managed to buy a ticket for the Family concert here in Seoul where BTS and Blackpink will be performing. ;; It was a good birthday.

I made a twitter. It's @EmpaShip. I decided to make one because of the BTS album group orders, but I've also been posting about myself on there as well!

There was never a right moment. Jimin hated feeling like he was keeping a secret from everyone, but there was never a right moment.

He was sitting cross-legged by the fire with Yoongi curled behind him in his wolf form. He ran his fingers through the fur on the back of Yoongi's neck as he cautiously watched Jin and Namjoon sitting across from them.

Jin had calmed completely. He was motionless and pliant in Namjoon's arms. His cheek was rested against Namjoon's shoulder as he stared unseeingly at the den's wall. Namjoon was rubbing his back and chewing his bottom lip in deep thought. He's tried everything to get Jin to sleep again, but it looks like the pack alpha had given up. Jimin was just relieved that Jin wasn't crying anymore.

Yoongi nudged his hand and he looked down in surprise, his hand having paused its ministrations. His mate blinked lazily at him, lifting his head to give a kittenish lick to his arm. He could probably sense Jimin's unease.

The den was uncomfortably silent. Jin refused to talk about his dream and the air was thick with tension. Everyone could smell it. Jin was in agony, his scent more akin to an omega in mourning rather than just simple distress. Jimin thought Namjoon's scent was like the flames of a fire. One moment his scent was calm and collected, and the next, it terrified him, the flames licking his nostrils with what was unmistakably rage.

He could tell it was making Yoongi uneasy too. Each time Namjoon's anger seeped out, his ears would twitch, and he would peel an eye open to watch him wearily.

Jimin may be an omega, but he understood the anger of an alpha and how aggressive they could be. He brought a hand up to lightly touch the scar on his neck. The alpha that did this to him was torn to pieces. He and Yoongi have talked about it briefly, mainly because he felt guilty bringing it up and seeing the remorseful look on his mate's face.

He focused his attention back to the two sitting across from him. Namjoon was still tiredly staring at the ground in concentration.

From what he's heard, Namjoon showed great restraint when killing Jin's tormenter, Junho. With all the pain Jin's been through, it wouldn't have surprised him if Namjoon had killed him in a similar way Yoongi had done with the alpha who had hurt him. But no, instead, Namjoon allowed Junho to talk to Jin one last time, hoping for the omega to find closure to his long time suffering. Jimin admired Namjoon for that.

Only... Jin was still in pain, and both his father and Junho were dead. Even in death, it seemed like Junho was still hurting him, and it probably pained Namjoon because he couldn't do anything. Not in the way he, as an alpha would like to anyway.

That explained his anger. He wanted to fight, to protect, but there was noone to fight or protect Jin from. So now that anger was simmering inside him.