Chapter 54: Horrible timing

"Jin~ we miss you!" Jimin whined as he clung onto the older omega's arm.

Jin's eyes widened and he raised a brow at the two currently pouting at him. "What do you mean? I've been here the whole time."

Taehyung shook his head. "You've been with Namjoon. We miss both of you, but you two are always together!" He complained. "It's like the rest of us don't even exist!"

Jin frowned. They had decided to walk in their human forms, because Jimin expressed that he wanted to talk. Now, the three of them were in the front and were walking a little ways ahead of the alphas. They were at least out of earshot, so Jimin and Taehyung took it as their chance to interrogate the oldest omega.

The more they interrogated, the more Jin realized that they were right. He glanced back at Namjoon, who got booted from walking beside him and was walking slowly farther behind them. Their eyes met and Jin gave his mate a small smile.

"See! You're doing it again!" Taehyung groaned.

Jin sighed. He and Namjoon had been glued together lately. That's not to say he didn't like it. In fact, he was enjoying all the attention and affection he was receiving. It was nothing he's ever experienced with anyone before. He loved Namjoon more than life itself.

"Okay... maybe we do need a little bit of space." Jin mumbled after a long pause.

Jimin rolled his eyes. "Being with an alpha like that isn't unreasonable... But it's the fact that you ignore everything else around you. Plus, he's being super possessive, and it's putting the others on edge. Do you know why he's even drowning you in his scent in the first place?"

After a troubled look from Jin, both Taehyung and Jimin sighed.

"You two probably wouldn't have been any different if it was you." Jin shot back.

Their pace was slow, which they were guessing didn't matter since the alphas were walking behind them and hadn't said anything about it. They had been traveling nonstop, so Namjoon was probably satisfied with the distance they had covered so far.

"Yoongi's been wondering why Namjoon's acting the way he is. Can't you ask him?" Jimin questioned with pleading eyes.

Jin hummed. It was strange, now that they pointed it out. Jin truly was curious, but moreover, he was worried. If he pointed it out to Namjoon, would his mate stop being as affectionate with him? It was selfish, wanting all of Namjoon's attention to himself. But the more he looked at Jimin and Taehyung's sad expressions, he knew he needed to get to the bottom of this.

"Fine. I'll ask him."

It wasn't long after their conversation that Taehyung got tired, so they decided to rest. Jimin and Taehyung looked at Jin expectantly as Namjoon shifted and immediately came over, his arms encircling around the Jin's waist as he buried his nose into his neck.

Jin practically melted into the touch, but the burning gazes of the others that he was now more aware of made him bite his lip nervously. He needed to think about the rest of the pack too. They both did.

"N-Namjoon, can I talk to you?" He mumbled as Namjoon swiped his tongue over the mating bite on his neck.

"Sure. About what?"

Jin swallowed. Instead of answering, he grabbed onto his mate's hand and led him away from the group.

When they were far enough and out of sight and earshot, he stopped and sighed heavily, his shoulders slumping. "Namjoon-"

But then he felt Namjoon tilt his chin up and suddenly their lips were pressed together. He let his eyelids flutter shut and moaned softly when Namjoon slipped his tongue into his mouth. Even despite the way the alpha had been treating him lately, it seemed like it's been forever since Namjoon's kissed him like that. He returned it, hesitantly deepening the kiss and letting Namjoon kiss him passionately.