A Coffee With Each Other

Naomi's POV

I reached his office with my stupid heart beating crazily. I sighed. Doesn't it a crazy thing which I am thinking of right now?

I looked at the office and sighed. My crazy heart!!! Be strong. Don't melt down, don't just don't. You are a strong woman. Come on, Naomi Edwards!!! You can do that.

I encouraged myself but my brain just discouraged me. I sighed. Why doesn't this stupid thing listen to me??? I tried to control myself hard.

" Aren't you coming, Jellybean?" Diego asked me.

" Don't call me that. Annoying name." I said.

" Then what should I call you? Candy?" He asked smirkingly. I glared at him and punched his stomach that made him clutch his stomach.

" It was hard." He said and and I smirked.

" You deserved it." I said.

" I thought we were best friends." He said rubbing his stomach.

" Who gave you that wrong idea?" I said.

" You told me that." He said.

" Nah!!!" I shook my head. " I never told that." I joked.

" Well, it was not funny." He said.

" I know." I said.

" It was a rotten as hell joke." He said.

" Yeah, so?" I asked.

" You are acting annoying now." He said and I smirked.

" This is tit for tat." I said.

" For which thing?" He asked.

" For many things." I said.

" Like?" He asked.

" Like you act like a stupid yesterday while making the presentation. That's why it was a tit for tat." I said.

" I really was confused. Mr. Roberts has a brilliant brain and I couldn't cop up with his tricks." He said. Mentioning his name Diego did nothing but made my heart feel more restless, more helpless, crazier and faster. I couldn't do anything but sighing.

' Don't do anything stupid to make me land in a problem. Dare you!!! I will rip you off.' I said to my brain and entered the office.

" Good morning, Ma'am." Someone said and I turned to see a girl standing there with a smile. She was very beautiful young girl. She must not be more than 18. Her smile was like sunshine. I smiled too.

" Good morning, Ms..." I looked at her smilingly with an questioning look.

" Winslet, ma'am. Kelsey Winslet." She said and smiled.

" Nice to meet you, Ms. Winslet." I said and she smiled again.

" Good morning, sir." Kelsey said and looked at Diego and her eyes burnt with anger at once." You!?" She asked narrowing her eyes.

" Oh, it's you?" Diego said smirkingly.

" What are you doing here?" She gritted her teeth. But Diego smiled more.

" You guys know each other?" I asked.

" Ma'am, this guy is a stupid." She said.

" Yes, I know he is but he is my best friend and my lawyer." I said.

Yes, Diego might be a stupid but he is very intelligent as a lawyer. His parents and siblings all are very famous lawyers. His siblings are living various places in around the world who earned a huge success as a lawyer in their respective places. Even his parents are very famous in Milan. As for Diego, he is youngest child of his parents. He has got his LLB degree recently, he broke all records before in the University. He is soon joining their family traditional profession. As he is my friend, he said he will always help me in my works. I am sure he will and one more thing I am sure of his future success. He will break his family record in this scale. Though I never admit this in front of him but I am proud of him. Very very proud of him.

" Lawyer??? He is a lawyer???!!!" She asked with her eyes open widen. I found Diego smirking at her.

" Yes, he is." I said a bit confusedly.

" Let me introduce myself, Ms. Winslet. James Westwick." Diego said and smiled. Her eyes widened more and her mouth was covered with her hands. It made him smile widely.

" I .. I ... I mean, I didn't know it's you. Urrrghh, still you are annoying." She said irritatingly.

" What happened here? I didn't get any of you." I said.

" I am telling you what happened." Diego said. " She is a student of dad and dad sent her as an apprentice in our office. She worked brilliant but I fired her." He said and got glares from me and Kelsey both.

" It was an idiotic thing you do." I said.

" She still have to complete her studies. But she is too much interested to be a lawyer before even finish her degree. So, I did it to make sure that she is going to her classes regularly." Diego said.

" You said you were firing me cause I was lazy!!! Am I lazy!!!" She glared at him. He smiled sweetly.

" Nope. You are not." He said.

" Yes, I know I am not but you have spoilt my image in front of Sir totally." She gritted.

" Don't worry, I have talked with my dad. He can understand my reason." He said, " Excuse me." He said and passed her.

" Annoying, stupid, idiot, arrogant jerk." She mumbled and I couldn't but smile at her cute face. She is a cute girl. If only I had a brother older than her!!! One minute, one minute. I thought about something and smirked inwardly. Sometimes you need to be evil for your friends too. You won't mind if he is your best friend. I smiled.

" What do you do here?" I asked Kelsy.

" I am the assistant of Mr. Roberts secretary Dora Jonas." She said.

" That's nice." I said and remembering that evil girl's words.

" Not nice. I hate Dora. She is a brainless stupid. Some time she makes me work too much that I need to bunk my classes. I hate her. Witch she is." Kelsy said and I smiled.

" If you want you can leave this job. Meet me at my office tomorrow if you are ready to quit." I said. She looked at me disbelief.

" Really?? You are not joking right!?" She asked.

" No, never in a million years." I said.

" 1000 and 1 times yes I will quit. Thank you, thank you so much, ma'am." She said.

" Call me, Naomi." I said to her. She is so cute.

" Thank you so much. I will show you the way and throw resignation letter on that witch's face. Good bye, Annoying witch and welcome Beauty Queen." She said to her own and I smiled.

She showed me the conference room. As I entered everyone greeted me. I greet them back. I just went to the empty chair beside Diego and sat there. The meeting went and went. At last it ended. It went successful and we were very happy for that. I sighed.

" Congratulations, Ms. Edwards!!" The voice made me frozen at once. I turned and saw him standing behind me with his charming smile as always. I don't know how does he manage to look this charming always. His smile is something. Something that makes my heart go crazy.

" Oh, thanks, Mr. Roberts. Same to you." I could say only.

" I was thinking that you would like to have a coffee with me?" He asked me. And I found myself nodding yes.