Even Me

Theodore's POV

" Mr. Roberts, she is drowning." A doctor came and told me.

" I don't want to hear this. Go do something." I said to the doctor.

" Mr. Roberts, we can't do anything. Pray and prayers only can only can help her now." Doctor who was supervising Meryl's health and treatment told me that. I looked at the room with my teary eyes where my sister was fighting for her life.

God, please!!! Please don't take her away from me. I will die without her. What is her fault God!! Why are you so cruel on her!!! Please God. Let this innocent girl leave. Please God, you want to make me suffer, you can as much as you want. But not her. Please, not her. She is still very young to know about life. She is a very nice person. Aren't you happy with her deeds??? She is such a good girl. She never hurt anyone in her life. Why are you making her to suffer!!! God, please let my sister live. God, please let the innocent girl to have another life. Let it be. God!!! Please let her. She is my only family. You can't always do this with me. Please, don't.

I prayed more like begged for her life. I am more like a baby today. I am helpless now. I was waiting on the other side of the room. Cause, Mrs. Hill will  need let me meet her daughter. She won't let me. So, I was looking at Meryl's room. I was suffering like hell. I felt my headache shot up. I ignored it. I just stood up and went near the glass. I leaned on the glass and looked at her.

I was just thinking about my life. I don't know why I myself is such an unlucky one!!!

" Please, cherry. Wake up. Don't leave me." I whispered. Her head was covered with white bandages. I sighed. She is not like this.

I was thinking about her. I have only her in my life. I was waiting when Mrs. Hill will leave so Tha I can go inside. I really want to see her from near. I want to be with my sister. I want to spend time with her. That can only happen when Mrs. Hill won't be there. She won't let me go in and see my sister. I just was sitting outside and waiting.

The whole day passed with fear and insecurities. I just kept sitting there and looking at Meryl helplessly. I wanted her to wake up and talk with me again. I wanted her to call me Bro. I want her to do crazy things. I want her to be the bubbly girl again. I want her to be that sweet person again.

I leaned back and closed my eyes. I wasn't understanding what to do. I was in the verge of breaking down and lose myself. I just was trying to hold back. I wanted to do something. But I was helpless. I sighed and my phone vibrated. I took it out and looked at the screen a message popped up.

Volcano Fairy : Theo, how's things going on there?

Her message made me smile a a bit.

Me : Same as yesterday. Nothing changed.

Volcano Fairy : Theo, don't worry, everything will be fine. She is going to be fine.

Me : When?! Can you tell me the time!?? I would wait until then without a second word. Please, tell me when??"

Volcano Fairy : Theo, please. Calm down. Calm down. I know the situation but still I have hopes.

Me : I will contact you later. I am not feeling talking now at all.

Volcano Fairy : Take care, Theo. Please take painkilller.

I shoved my phone inside my pocket. Then I was sitting there silently. Suddenly my security team's head came.

" What happened, Lian?" I asked.

" Sir, Mr and Mrs Hill just has left for home. You can go inside. " He said and I nodded. I stood up and slowly opened the door. I went inside and then closed the door behind me. I looked at my Cherry. Her breathing was so little, heart beat was barely countable. I felt teardrops slipped on my cheeks but I didn't bother to wiped it away. I let them flow. I walked near her and sat on the chair front of her.

" Cherry!!!" I slowly hold her hand and kissed on her forehead." Please, wake up. You won't leave your Bro. Right? You love me a lot. Don't you? Please, come back. I am waiting for you. You can't leave me. You know I alone. I don't have anyone but you. I don't have a family. Will you please come back!!? I know you are listening me. Please, don't do this with me. Please don't do this. Please, come back." I said.

I hold her hand and suddenly I felt some movement in her hold on my hand. I was shocked. I looked at her. Her eyes were closed. I thought it was my mistake. But after a while I clearly felt the hand of her I was holding she was clutching now. I was shocked. I slowly looked at her she was struggling to open her eyes.

" Doctor!!! Doctor!!!!!"  I shouted. They entered the room and started to check Meryl. I stayed a bit far away. I was praying for her. I was really devastated. In this situation I became helpless.

" Mr. Roberts!!!" The doctor called me.

" Yes, doctor?" I said. He moved a bit and I looked at Meryl who was weakly staring at me. I ran to her. Oh, God!!!

" Cherry!!!" I said and hold her hands kissed on it. I was wiping the tears. I let them flow.

" Br...o." she said with so much energy and was succeeded .

" No more talk cherry. Sleep." I said and doctor nodded. They gave her an injection and she slept again. After a few moments.
I came out with the doctors.

" What do you think doctor?" I asked.

" I think this is a miracle, Mr. Roberts!!! I can't believe this actually happened!!!!" He said. 

" Not even me." I said.

But it happened. My cherry was going to be fine now. I smiled at my own thinking about it.