You Have To Cope Up

Naomi's POV

" Are you going to answer me or not?" I gritted at him.

" I am sorry." He said after a long pause.

" Sorry!!! No, sorry is accepted. How dare you hung up on me?" I asked getting closer.

" Then what should I do as peace offering?" He said.

" You think what should you do." I said. " But first of all tell me why did you hung up on me?" I asked.

" You said no and I felt rejected. This why I was furious." He said.

" When was the once then I said no??" I asked.

" Uhhh, you said you can't be my girlfriend." He said.

" I said I don't believe in those stuffs. I didn't say that I rejected you." I said.

" But you didn't say yes either." He said and my patience ended here. I reached him and I hold his collar with both of my hands.

" Theodore Roberts, I was saying I will tell you after asking my family. But before that you hung up on me. Are you crazy?!! You should listen before you jump into the conclusion." I gritted.

" What? You were going to say this?" He asked.

" Or what?" I asked.

" But your family could have rejected me. They could dislike me." He said and I laughed dryly.

" Do you really think that my family dislike you? Can't you see they already like you? If not my dad would have never called you inside for dinner that day." I said and suddenly I realized the position we were at that moment. I was glued on his chest holding his collar. I looked at him for a moment and found his smiling at me. I left his collar at once and lose the balance. I was about to fall down to the floor but suddenly felt his arms around my waist. He again hold me closer.

" Let's discuss then." He said smirkingly.

" Discuss what?" I asked.

" What we were discussing." He said. " By the way, I think you to need someone to hold you every time."

" You wish I am enough for me." I said.

" You should think about it before you jump into conclusion too." He said and smirked.

" Stop smirking like an idiot." I said.

" Ok, now let's come to the point." He said. " I was saying in this point, you didn't ask your family. They can have issues." He said looking at me.

" At this point your family too can reject me." I said and he looked at me without any expression.

" What's with the face?" I asked.

" I don't have any family." He said dryly. I was shocked.

" What!!!" I just could say.

" Yes, I don't have any family." He said.

" It's not a time to joke, Theo. I am serious." I said.

" It's true, Naomi. I am alone. I don't have anyone to call my family but I have a little sister. She is my half sister. But she too lives miles away from me." He said and sighed then looked away out of the glass wall.

I looked at him closely. His eyes were holding no emotions. He was extremely calm now. He didn't avert his gaze.

" Your parents are divorced?" I asked.

" No, they are not. My dad died when I was 10. Then my mom got married again and Meryl is her daughter." He said without looking at me.

" So, you lived with them?" I asked.