Chapter Seven

(Sasuke'sPOV)

"I'm here, Sasuke-kun. I'll take care of you," the minute those words rang into my head, I got lost into a visual world. But it wasn't Itachi's genjutsu. It was something stronger. I was in a world of white. Nothing was there. I walked around until I saw a black figure a few meters in front of me. "You promised..." that wa the only thing it said. Then I woke up. I looked around and saw a familiar kunai resting below my cot. 

Haruno..

(Sakura' POV)

After treating Sasuke's wounds, I decided to join the others outside. "Sui, why didn't you tell me you were in Team Taka?" I pulled him out of his seat. "Sak, Karin wanted me and Jugo to find a medic-nin for Sasuke but I didn't know you knew Team Taka!" he looked over to Jugo and back down at the ground. I sighed and glanced back at him. "Fine. I'll come here to watch over his condition. If!" I raised my eyebrow at him. "You leave me alone with him when I do" Sui looked confused but nodded anyway. Later that day, Karin dragged me behind their tent. "Ow! What gives?!"  she crossed her arms and fixed up her glasses. "Stay away from Sasuke-kun. He's mine. And don't you ever lay your hands on him" she had that glare on her face. "Well, if I don't come near him he'll die" I smirked. She was burning with rage but I knew she knew I was right.

UchiNaru: Get some ice for that burn!! Points for Haruno!! Whoaa!

Sakura: Thanks.

After my little chat with Karin, I walked around their base and saw a beautiful lake, a walking distance from where I was sitting. I hurriedly took my extra clothing and rushed to the lake. Bodies of water always had an effect on me. But I still don't know why. I stripped from my clothes and jumped in. The water felt really cold but I love the cold. But thoughts came flooding inside my mind.

Am I putting the safety of Konoha on the line?

What if Tsunade found out? 

Am I a traitor like Sasuke?

Out of the blue, a voice somehow comforted me. 

Ssshhh.... Don't worry, Sakura. You're doing this to save a life. Calm down.

That voice!