Chapter Twenty

(Tsunade'sPOV)

This isn't working at all.

I shouldn't have trusted that Uchiha.

I groaned as I collapsed into my chair. Sakura wasn't at all missing like what I told the villagers. I knew her whereabouts and what happened to her two days ago but a hint of regret was in me. Why didn't I do something? "T-T-Tsunade-sama.. he's b-b-back..." Shizune stuttered as a cloaked figure followed her. "Thank you, Shizune," I gave her a smile and she hurriedly went outside. He took a seat while I did the same. "Where. Is. She," I coldly released the words. "Don't worry, Tsunade. She's resting for a while now. She lost almost all her chakra, though," he bagan. "But I'm afraid I can't return her to you." My eyes widened. " What do you mean you can't?!" I yelled, pounding my fist on the table, nearly splitting it into two. "Because another Uchiha will," I gasped. There are only two Uchihas left. He made sure of that. As I opened my mouth to speak, he disappeared. I was shocked, my eyes almost falling out of my sockets. Well, almost. I called Shizune in. "She's fine."

•~¤~•~¤~•~¤~•

After lunch, I went out to talk to Sakura's parents. It would be for the best if I told them myself in their house than in my office. The truth is, I'm actually afraid Itachi might pop up after I just said my greetings. I stopped right outside their door and at first, hesitated to knock.

Here goes.

After three soft knocks, the door swung open and Mebuki met me at the door. "Hokage-sama.... come in," she led me to their home as I saw framed pictures of Sakura awhen she was born, when she graduated the academy.. then I felt a tear fall from my eyes. I quickly wiped it away, hoping Mebuki didn't see it. "It's okay, Hokage-sama. We can't always be strong," she hugged me tightly as if she was my sister. Then that's where I broke down, in her arms.