Chapter Nine

(Sakura's POV)

As soon as I got home, my parents were at the dining room, obviously shaking. "Sakura! Where have you been? We've been worried about you!" my father sat up and started hugging me tightly. "Dad, I just went on a little investigation on the Akatsuki location" I reassured him as he pulled away. As my mother approached me, she opened up her arms, gesturing a hug but guess what happened? She smacked the daylights out of me. You've seen Namezeki Kushina smack Naruto-kun in the head right? That's what happened. "Ow!! What was that for?!" I scratched my head. "Do you know how we got worried about you?!You ungrateful little-" she got cut off because I held up a huge fish that I caught with Jugo before I left. "Wow, Sakura.. You were on a mission but you thought about us too! That's my girl!" She hugged me tightly. "M-m-m-mom. F-f-f-fish. C-c-c-choke" she let go and took the fish with her, leaving me some space to breathe. Should I tell where Team Taka's location? Probably not. I'll get into trouble for going there in the first place. I took my bag to my room and just put it near my desk. I searched for a nice pair of sleeping wear, took my towel and took a bath. And yes, it was cold. After rinsing the smell of Karin off me (I'm already dressed now), I flopped on my bed and staring at the ceiling. After dinner, I climbed back to my bed and took the framed picture of Team 7. Memories came flooding inside my head again.

~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~

"Sakura-chan! I've got something for you!" 

"Really?"

"Happy birthday!" Naruto handed me a small package. As I opened it, I was kinda disappointed. 

"Gee, thanks for the ramen, Naruto-kun!"

"My turn! Sakura, here" Kakashi-sensei handed his present. He said it was for good luck, I just had to wish on it on the night of the full moon of the first month I received it. 

~~~~~~~~~END OF FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slowly opened my drawer and pulled out a cherry blossom necklace. I wished on it for at least a chance on Sasuke-kun, but I didn't really get one. I guess I don't really deserve him.. I wore the necklace and glanced at the frame. As a tear fell from my cheek, I looked up and saw that it was a full moon. I closed my eyes tightly and whispered, "Please..give me a chance with Sasuke-kun." 

The next morning, I still wore the necklace as I headed to Ichikaru Ramen, the place where Naruto, Hinata and I were supposed to meet before lunch. "S-sakura-chan, you came" Hinata smiled as I sat on one of the chairs. Naruto was running a bit late so Hinata and I discussed some things. "I can see you're emotionally stressed out" she tilted her head to the side and grinned at me. "W-w-what are you talking about?" I turned around, hiding my ashamed face. "You look a lot like Sasuke-kun now!" she giggled, making me blush. "I'm determined to bring him back to Konoha, Hinata-san" I faced her and then at the floor. "More than Naruto-kun, I see" she smiled again. "I can't help think about him..Even when I sleep.."