Chapter 6- Mistake

Kayana's pov.

Finally. I made a contract with Kazu.

"Life sure has a weird way of showing appreciation." -Kayana Shiona.

I sighed tiredly.

Yuichiro. That name. It sounds so familiar. But who is he again.

I chuckled grimly. I've changed alot . I'm colder and I feel nothing in that poor excuse of a heart I have.

Yet. The tears still flow.

Why must everything good come to an end? Why. We all say that. All the time. But do we really know what we're saying?

No.

Not until you feel it.

I inhaled the fresh air around me and stood up .

I wiped the tears off my face and stared at the moon.
How peaceful. Will this good moon end too? Will it disappear too?

You never know.

Life is so unpredictable. You never know. That's why you always have to be prepared.

I will remember you Yuichiro. Those nightmares I have. You always leave me in the end. You must've been important right?

Right.

I decided I'd just take a chill pill and relax out here for a while. Clear my thoughts a bit.

What lays outside these walls? I haven't gone out in such a long time.

I can't stand going out there. Distruction is everywhere.

I'm thirteen and yet I feel like if all of my thoughts shouldn't be. I should be in my home. I should have been able to go to school. Meet new people. Make friends. But instead. I'm in an endless cirle of harmless depression. I can't get rid of it. It's always there no matter what.

Where is brother?

Ferid always said that he left him in the hands of something called an ambulance. I forgot about him till just now. I honestly hope he-'s alive. And the ambulance Oh yes. I know them. They helped people . I wanted to ride in one of the vans before. But now I don't really want to see a van painted with red on it.

It's just cringy.

I don't know why.

It just is

Reminds me of the blood I drink. For some reason. The way humans talk about us is as if we're monsters. But maybe we are.

......

After I cleared my thoughts I walked back to the mansion . I spent a few hours in that place my demon carried me so it was at leat 8:00 now.

I found myself at the library reading some literature book.

Then Chess walked in with a grossed out expression.

"Eew the library." She said with a grimace.

She then saw me and her expression changed to a happy one.

"M'lady Kayana-sama!!!"she exclaimed making a b-line towards me.

I made no effort to move. Chess was just Chess so she would just do it until she gets a hug. Unfortunately I can't kill her. I'm not allowed to

"Oh hi Chess." I greeted plainly.

She pouted.

"Aren't you happy to see me?" She asked with puppy dog eyes.