Chapter 13- Ferid Bathory

Kayana pov

I walked throughout the streets of Saguinem with my purple locks flowing in the wind as I did so. My cape flapped behind me as my shoes clicked against the floor.

I made my way towards Ferid's mansion and entered. The day was just like any other. The kids were all gloomy and scrambled away from any vampires near them. The usual.

I looked for him for a while and happened to find him in the dining room.

There sat with a little boy on his lap.

I noticed the boy

Flashback

I was strolling casually. Going my merry way deep in my thoughts when I encountered a few kids playing ball. Well how intriguing.

'Where'd they find that?' I wondered but dissmissed the thought.

Suddenly as you may have guessed the ball came flying in my direction. Because of my reflexes I detected it so it was an easy catch.

My eyes turned towards the children almost instantly and they cowered at my scowl which I sometimes keep on my face when thinking deeply.
Their eyes widened in fear and they began shaking.
Some children screamed in fear and ran away.
I stared at them blankly but maybe a small fake smile made a way onto my face.

How cute. Their scared expressions are adorable.

They looked even more frightened but all I did was roll the ball to them.

"I believe this is yours." I said softly.

They still seemed a bit unsettled.

"Isn't that Lord Ferid's fiance?" One whispered in total fear and shock.

On the inside I was actually taken aback by this

Fiance?

"T-thank y-you." A little boy with brown eyes and hair stuttered out cutely.

I nodded and patted his hair gently.

I was about to leave when he tugged on my dress.

(My original design)
"Miss Bathory would y-you like t-to play?" He asked.

Miss Bathory!?

"Um. I'm Kayana Shiona not Bathory." I corrected.

He made a small 'o' with his mouth.

"Oh. I'm John." He said.

I nodded.

"Okay. Well then of course we can play." I replied
His eyes lit up.

"Thank you!"

Children are too naive. But sure. I'm no threat.
...

Few days

"Kayana-chan do you donate blood to Lord Bathory and get those fancy clothes?" A little girl asked excitedly.

I stared at her curiously.

"Donate blood to Ferid?" I asked.

One girl blushed.

"I knew it. She calls him Ferid. Not even Lord Ferid."

I looked at her with a puzzled expression adorning my features

"We're just aquanted. I am a noble you know." I replied. She stared at me with disbelieving eyes.

"A noble?but your eyes!" Another joined in.