• Chapter 119 •

"What a wonderful day! Isn't it a wonderful day?" I grin as I drag Aya out of our room. She went back to bed after breakfast. Her hair is sticking out in a million different directions, she groans at me before yawning, "Yeah..."

I glance around to find most of our peers are playing cards or chatting to one another on the benches.

"You're so lucky to be fucking him," Aya whines. My eyebrows fly up in surprise. "Can we share him?" she pleads.

I snort, "Um. No?"

"But I'm dick-deprived! I want himmmm."

"I thought you didn't like white boys?" I mock. She rolls her eyes, "Okay but even I can't deny that boy's hotness."

I laugh and shove her, "Hands off."

She giggles and shakes a hand through her hair, "I'm gonna grab my polaroid and take pictures. See you later?"

I nod, "Sure. I'll be at the beach."

My heart swells when I notice Isabella and Eric laughing and chatting on the beach. Aw. Looks like they've worked things out. Good for them, they're good together. Eric meets my gaze and smiles, planting a kiss on Isabella's cheek before rushing over to me.

"Hey, you."

"Hi," I tell him with an amused grin. "So, you've worked things out huh?"

He shrugs and glances back at her, "I guess. We just decided to be us and enjoy every moment we have together. And whatever happens... Happens."

I nod in comprehension. Although I'm apprehensive about this choice of path, I can't really do anything about it. They haven't actually talked about it, not really. They've decided to ignore it completely, instead. And focus on the now. I sigh, as long as they're happy, I'm happy. I'm just cautious as to when the future becomes the now, and reality crushes them in the face.

I shake my head to myself, no matter. That day is not today. I wouldn't want to spoil my time with someone I love, especially on a trip like this. They deserve to enjoy every moment they have with one another. He clears his throat, "I wanted to thank you."

I cock my eyebrow, "For?"

He rolls his eyes and smirks, "Please. I know you talked to her."

I nod. "Oh, yeah. I'd do anything for you," I shove him. "Just want you to be happy," I shrug.

He smiles, "That's sweet. Thanks, Minty. You really are the best friend anyone could ask for."

I sigh, "I know. God, you're lucky."

He laughs and shakes his head at me before making his way back to Isabella, "Catch you later."

I smile, happy I could've helped in the slightest. I shut my eyes and inhale the scent of the ocean, allowing the soft breeze to blow against my skin.

"Hey," arms wrap around me from behind. I smile and relax into Ashton's arms, "Hi... Um, how are you?" I clear my throat at my shyness. What's wrong with me?

He snorts in amusement and releases me, "I'm great. You?"

I shrug, "Haven't gotten much sleep because of an idiot who can't seem to fuck off from my brain."

He smirks, "Would it make you feel better if you knew the idiot dealt with the same problem?"

My inner-fangirl is SCREAMING.

"Is that so?" I muse. He nods, "Oh yeah. I always think about myself, my mind is obsessed with me."

I snort and roll my eyes, "You're annoying."

He grins, "Anyway. I was thinking—"

"Ashton?" a girly squeal comes from behind us.

Ashton and I turn in confusion. His eyes grow wide in surprise when he recognizes the pretty stranger.

"Oh my God!" she shrieks.

He blinks several times, "Naz..?"

She runs into his arms, and my stomach drops. "It's so good to see you!" she tells him.

He nods, "You too. What are you doing here?"

She giggles, "My family owns this place, silly."

He nods in comprehension, "Oh no shit?"

She grins widely. "You look amazing. Much better than you did in sixth grade," she teases with a wink.

He laughs politely, "Thanks. You look nice, too. I think I'm still in shock, this is so weird."

"Tell me about it!" even her laugh is pretty. Hmph. Who is this person?

I awkwardly chime in, "Hey there."

She does a quick head-to-toe scan of me and forces a smile, "Hi. Can I help you?"

My eyebrows knit together, "Uhm, no I'm good—"

"Right," she cuts me off and turns her attention back to Ashton, "Anyway babe. You should come over for dinner tonight! It would be great to catch up!"

I frown. Babe? Babe? Who does she think she's calling babe?

Ugh, calm down, Clem. Don't show him your psycho or start throwing hands, yet.

Ashton seems oblivious to her obvious flirting, "I don't know if I'm allowed."

Her eyebrows knit together, "Whose permission would you have to get?"

He shrugs, "I'm here on a trip from school."

She flips her luscious hair behind her, and it flows smoothly across her back like a Pantene hair commercial. She probably spends her time wrapping her locks in papaya extract. Pft.

"I'll take care of it," she winks.

Wink one more time, I'll knock your eyeball out of your skull.

I clear my throat and Ashton smirks, nudging my arm. The girl looks at me before mumbling, "You can come too," bitterly.

I knit my eyebrows together, "I'm good—"

"She'd love to," Ashton cuts me off. The girl musters a smile, but I can tell she's not ecstatic about it. "Perfect... See you tonight, then!" she says with yet another wink.

This chick is about to get an eye-patch and become a part of the Pirates of the Carribean.

"Who's that?" I mumble when she finally leaves.

"Remember my sixth-grade crush?" he muses.

"Your first kiss?"

He nods, "Yeah. That's her."