• Chapter 159 •

I'm aware of Derek's presence behind me. But I don't care, all I can focus on is my dad's lifeless body. I cradle him in my arms, weeping and begging him to say something, anything. Nothing... Silence, the most deafening sound in the world. It's as though the world is closing in on me, I can see darkness and darkness alone. I rock him back and forth as his blood envelops us both, kissing the top of his head.

Ashton bursts through the door with a gun in his hand, his jaw drops as he sees my state. His face pales when he realizes who I'm cradling in my arms. One second he's standing, and the next he's pouncing on Derek. They fall and roll over on the floor, fighting and punching each other as males do. Moments later, mom stumbles into the room.

Her face drops in shock when she sees me, and her eyes widen in horror as a piercing howl escapes her lips. She holds a shaking hand to her mouth, "BRANDON!"

She drops down to us and cries hysterically, grabbing a hold of dad's face in her hands. Blood covers her arms and face as she presses her forehead against his endearingly, "Brandon... Brandon... Brandon! Wake up. Wake up, wake up, wake up!"

- DEREK -

The strange feeling comes back as soon as I see her. Aurora... Her tummy is large, and an indescribable amount of jealousy boils up in my veins. She's the only thing that gives me the same sensation I get when I kill someone. She's the only thing that makes me feel alive. And I don't know why. Was it because she was able to trick me into believing she was in love with me? Was it her innate sexual charisma? I have no idea. All I know is that I haven't been able to stop thinking about her all these years. I've thought of killing her, and how that too, could bring me pleasure... But when she tricked me like that... It was ruthless. Manipulative. Sexy.

We would make a great team. Her, me, and Clementine. We would take over the world. I snap out of my thoughts to study her.

"Brandon... Please baby... Please say something..." her voice is a pained whisper, "I love you..."

I clench my jaw in anger as I look back down at Ashton and aim the gun at his head. Aurora doesn't love Brandon. She can't. He's dead. And Clementine doesn't love Ashton. She can't. He's about to die. I charge the gun before it's flung out of my hands. Aurora's pathetic sadness is now replaced by anger and fury as she hovers above me. I smirk in delight.

"Aurora..."

She doesn't say anything, but simply charges towards me with an ape-like fury. I laugh as I swerve out of her way in surprise. I've never seen her so angry.

"What's wrong, pumpkin? Didn't miss me?" I pout.

She grits her teeth, "I'm going to kill you."

I laugh, "That's cute. Relax, will you? The prick is gone, now let me take care of the boy. Then you, Clementine, and I can be a real family. Just like it's supposed to be," I back her into a wall and hold her hands in mine as my eyes bore into her innocent ones.

Except, they're not innocent anymore. I frown at this. Her eyes were my favorite thing about her. Her innocence was a complete contrast to what she's able to do. How manipulative she can be. Her secret weapon.

- AURORA -

I look at him, and I feel enraged. He has a glint in his eyes. Why does he have a glint in his eyes? My heart trudges.

Weeks have passed, and I'm falling into a darker abyss of drugs and sex every day.

I hear a lighter switch on, the intense smell of smoke fills my nostrils. Derek wraps his arms around me from behind and it takes everything in me not to cringe and slap him away. I swallow my pride and playfully swat his arm.