• Chapter 156 •

- CLEMENTINE -

I fill up chip bowls when Tony, Mikey, Axel, and Vic make their way through the entrance. I frown in confusion, "Hey! What the hell are you guys doing here? Not you, Tony and Mikey."

Vic smirks, "Well don't you look ravishing."

Axel shrugs, "You invited us?"

Vic turns to Axel in mock-shock, "Have we been un-invited?"

Axel fake cries, "I'm gutted, Clementine. Please re-invite us, for the love of God."

Vic laughs, "You've lost the plot, mate."

Axel winces, "Ah bollocks. Is it because we're late? My apologies. I completed cocked up and lost my phone."

Vic sighs and rolls his eyes, "I already told you, you lost it when you came to visit Clementine this weekend you muppet. Well deserved, too. Left me alone with Ryder and his girl, Becky. Pain in the arse, she is."

I shake my head at them in confusion, "Easy, guys."

"So we're re-invited, then? Brilliant," Axel grins.

I frown, "You guys are confusing me with your stupid Briticism! Can you talk normal people English?"

They laugh. "Sorry, love," Axel shrugs. "We can't really help it though, can we?" Vic purses his lips.

I shake my head, "Wait, wait. You said you lost your phone..?"

Axel nods, "Yes, I was gobsmacked, too—"

"Huh?"

"Shocked beyond belief," he explains.

"Right. Where's Ryder?"

"Taking a smoke. He'll be in soon," Vic tells me.

I pinch the bridge of my nose, "Okay, so wait. You weren't being detained in New York?"

They frown. "What?" Vic and Axel exchange confused expressions. "No?" Axel shrugs.

"Clementine, this is a lovely game, really. But I need to get smashed," Vic tells me. Axel nods in agreeance. Mikey nods, "Is Hana here?"

"Straight ahead then up the stairs," I tell Vic and Axel, "Hana's up there, too," I smirk at Mikey.

"Thanks," Vic plants a kiss on my cheek and darts towards the bar, Axel and Mikey follow him.

"Tony?" Aya shrieks.

Tony grins widely as she makes her way towards us. "Aya. How are you?" he asks her.

"I'd be better if you asked me to dance," she smiles.

Tony laughs, "Well, then... Would you care to dance?"

"How did you know," she blushes and bats her eyelashes.

I roll my eyes at them. "Come on," she tugs at his arm.

"Happy birthday, gorgeous," Tony tells me.

"Wait, Tony! You came with them, right? Did you hear from dad—"

"TONY! COME ON!" Aya calls out.

Tony smiles sheepishly. "Later," he says before darting after her.

I frown as thoughts swarm my mind, "What the fuck?"

My stomach tangles up in tight knots. Something's wrong. Who the fuck texted dad telling him to come to New York from Axel's phone? I'll ask Ryder. I grab my coat and walk out, trying to find Ryder. I sigh when I don't see him anywhere and pull out my phone to call him.