Chapter 12: New Friend

His face was scrunched up,out of tiredness.He can literally feel his entire body humming with pain!It's like already 2 am when they finished all the editing of all books. The Chief Publisher also yelled at their faces nonstop for passing the drafts so late.Like wtf.Who can finish scanning an army of books with just few hours!
Pero kung iisipin pabor din sakanya kaya ayos lang.Mas mabuti nang mapagod ang katawan niya nang husto para hindi narin siya makapag-isip ng kung ano-anong masama sa babaeng yun,pati narin sarili niya.

Pero hindi talaga matanggal sa isip niya.Bakit?Ano ba ang rason nito para ganituhin siyaa?Pakiramdam niya tuloy nawala na siya sa sarili niya.Na iba na siyang tao ngayon.Parang nawala na nga ang kabaklaan niya eh-

Hindi na siya intersado sa mga fafa.Hindi na siya intersado magsuot ng panty,maglipstick at kung ano ano pa.Nawala na ang lahat nang hilig niya- everything all about him was gone.

All that's left is the heavy mixed up emotions inside him that makes his chest tighten tremendously.

"Tol!" He winced in pain when Katty punched his shoulders.God.He almost forgot that he's with this boyish woman! Pareho kasi sila ng daan kaya sabay sila.
"Para kang tanga diyan.Naglalakad tulala" tumawa to nang saglit.Wow.Bakit pakiramdam niya naging close sila bigla.Real quick ha.
"Hindi ako tulala" he denied trying to compose himself "may iniisip lang" She just made face like she was suggesting he was some kind of an idiot."Babae no?" she wiggled her eyebrows playfully at him.

His eyes widened at her sudden question attack.He opened his mouth to complain but closed it again.He couldn't muster any words to say.
She snicked at his reaction."Sabi ko na eh babae ang problema mo!" she hit him with her elbow as if emphasizing her point.He just narrowed his eyes at her. "Pagod lang ako girl" He yawned suggestively so she would believe.

"Langya naman.Nahiya ka pa sakin" she crossed her arms disappointed that he won't spill anything.He just roled his eyes.Sa dami ng ginawa nila mukhang hindi ito napagod.Ghad nasobrahan yata to sa tiki-tiki nung bata pa.
"Whatever.Kung magtatanong ka nang magtatanong mauuna na ako" bahagya niyang binilisan ang paglalakad niya pero hinawakan lang siya nito sa braso para pigilan siya.He stopped walking to turn around and glare down at her.Oh,he never thought she was this small.

"Actually -" he saw her bit her lip indicating that she's hesitating. He groaned impatiently.He didn't have time for this.The bed is waiting for him.All he wants is to go home and lie there peacefully.
"Ano?" he said suppressing his annoyance.Her hands is still on his wrist.
"Wala akong mauuwian" she smiled awkwardly.He felt that her hands is cold and shaking a bit.Nakuha niya agad ang gusto nitong iparating.Apparently,she's implying to stay in his place.

"Kaya ba feeling close ka sakin ngayong araw?" Parang naoffend ito pero tumango rin.He knew it.There's something wrong with her,acting all friendly this day.

Inalis niya ang nanlalamig na kamay nito and gave her a stern look. "No.Hindi kita patutuluyin sakin" he turned around to walk,but she only clutched the hem of his shirt tightly from behind making him stop.He faced her again ready to snap at her,pero natigilan siya nang makita ang itsura nito.Her face is all flushed and tears were already streaming down from her eyes.
"Please? -" she begged.Her voice is all croaky."hindi ko na alam kung saan ako pupunta"

He coudn't even blink at that moment.He didn't mean to be rude with her.But God knows he wants to be alone,and he is not in the right condition (well emotionally) to accompany someone.Hindi niya kontrolado ang sarili ngayon.Natatakot siya na mabungton niya ang lahat ng galit niya dito 'pag nagkataon.

***

"So? What made you want to become an idol?"

Sayvel's a guest in a live show to promote her first single.She's thankful that the MC can speak english at first,but not until,he suddenly hit her with all these questions.She's really not cool with it.
Even so,she still smiled and just said "Music is my life-" pfft.Kung nandito si Rayko siguradong pagtatawanan siya nito kakornihan ng simula niya. "I thought it wouldn't be bad to share my talents to everyone" she added. The MC smiled pleased with her answer.

She's obviously faking it.Her real reason is to find her parents.But she can't say that.She doesn't want to be famous out of everyone's symphaty.
"I'm glad you came in this industry.I never saw anyone as handsome as you" he complimented.She chuckled at his randomness.
"Well.Are you turning gay for me?" she teased.They both laughed at how hilarious that was.

After the whole taping.Nabigla siyang masyado sa pagdumog mga tao pakalabas niya ng building.Kinailangan pa itong harangin ng mga guards para makasakay sila ng kotse.Like dafuq? Kahapon palang siya ng debut tapos ganito na agad kadami fans niya?!

"This is only the start but you're already this famous" tawa ni Clin pakasakay nila ng kotse.Well,look at that.Someone's very happy.And here she was,not even glad about this one bit.
"I can finally pay you" seryosong turan niya dito

Nung mga panahong trainee palang siya binabayaran na siya nito.Not to mention he bought her a car (which is now in Rayko's hand's) and let her stay on a luxury hotel.He have been a great help with her.It's only right to pay him with all her works.
"What? Sinong nagsabing magbabayad ka?" he said giving her sideway glances while driving.She just gave him a stern look.Mukhang nakuha naman nito ang gusto niyang iparating. "Okay okay fine.If that's what you like-" he gave up defeated "why are you so serious?You should be happy you know"

Tumingin lang siya sa labas.She didn't really want to talk.Buti nalang at hindi narin ito umimik.

Whatever it is.She coudn't bring herself to smile even with all these achievements.Paano siya magiging masaya kung alam niyang may nasasaktan siya ngayon.

***

"Tol!wow!Ang lambot naman ng sofa niyo!" Parang tangang patalon-talon si Katty sa sofa.He just sighed as he locked the door.

In the end wala siyang choice kundi patuluyin ito sakanya.Well,he couldn't just leave a girl crying like that infront of him!
"Masisira yan ano ka ba" saway niya dito.Dahil nga nasira lahat ng gamit nung isang araw sa pagwawala niya,lahat ng gamit niya ngayon bago.Sayang sa pera kung bibili pa siya ulit.Feeling niya tuloy nagbi-baby sit siya ng kinder ngayon.Tumawa lang ito bago umayos ng upo.

"Pasensya ka na pala ha? Wala kasi akong kaibigan kaya wala akong malapitan" she said turning serious.Umupo siya sa tabi nito at nangalumbaba.That makes sense,parati itong seryoso at di palaimik.Well not until now.
"Nasan ba mga magulang mo?" At any case he should know.

Bumuntong hininga ito bago sumagot. "Nasa probinsya sila.Hindi ko sakanila pwedeng ipaalam ang nangyayari sakin ngayon"

"Nangyayari sayo?" intrigang tanong niya.Umiwas ito sakanya ng tingin bago magsalita."Binubugbog ako ng landlord ng condong inuupahan ko"

"Ano?!" He couldn't believe it.Sinong sira ang mangbubugbog ng babae? Nagtanggal ito ng sweater at sa unang pagkakataon,nakita niya ang mga malalatang pasa nito.He almost gasped at the horrible sight.Kaya ba parati itong naglolong sleeves sa trabaho?
"Binubugbog niya lang ako sa katawan para walang makahalata.Kinukuha niya rin yung kinikita ko kaya wala akong mapadala sa pamilya ko-" she covered her face with her hands "tol nagtiis naman ako pero hindi ko na kaya.Ayaw ko nang bumalik dun" she cracked up.He knows she was crying with her shoulders shaking up and down.

Bigla niyang nakita niya ang sarili niya dito.Nung date, binubugbog rin siya ng classmates niya nung malaman nang mga ito na bading siya.Pero natigil yun dahil tinulungan siya ni Sayvel.
Siguro ngayon,siya naman ang kailangang tumulong.He's going to save this girl like how Sayvel had save him.It was ironic but that's what came into his mind despite of the nasty feelings she had caused him.

He placed his hand on her shoulders soothingly.
"Huwag kang mag-alala.Hindi kana babalik dun" he said gently reassuring her.Hinayaan niya lang itong umiyak.

Why is this happening? Sa totoo lang,kaya ayaw niya itong patuluyin,it's because Katty's boyish and childish attitude only reminds him of her.He knows having her around would only elevate his anxiety and it would only increase his urge to see Sayvel so badly.

It's frustrating but he can't help wanting to protect this girl.And there's no turning back now.