Chapter 31: One Punch

God isn't dead after all. Now that she have work,her life won't go to waste and her mind will be diverged from the thoughts of her...parents.

Even now,she still considers them as her 'parents'.
They caused her life to be a complete utter sh*tstorm but still somehow deep inside-there's this longing deep within her that deprives her to despise them.

She slumped her back on her chair and flexed her fingers.She sighed contently as she stared at her first 'draft' on the computer screen.Now,this is what she really wants to do.Not something she 'has' to do (like finding her parents for instance) She let her eyes wander at the screen once more. It's really true.It's her first official book that she edited herself.

She almost beamed-well almost.She won't do that cutesy thing.

"Sino ka ulit" a sudden voice suddenly interrupted her happy thoughts.She gazed at the person.Only to see a man-umm a gay wearing an actual disgust over his face.Now what?

"I'm Hyun-" Ah sht.She almost said her fake Korean name. "Sayvel" she held her hand out generously.Tinitigan lang nito ang kamay niya na parang nakahawak siya na tae.Clearly, he doesn't appear to very glad that she's here. She retreated her hand praying to God mentally to give her all the kindness to refrain herself from knocking his teeth out.

"Anong relasyon mo kay Rayko?"

"That doesn't appear to be your business Sir' " she gave the word 'Sir' a hard emphasis to slap it to his face that his thick make up doesn't cover the darkness of hidden balls.

"Excuse me?" his expression suddenly turned sour.His eyebrows raising in abnormal fraction.

"You're excused" she smirked daring him to speak another word.His mouth hung open as if to say another word to defend his pride but Rayko and Katty came bursting into the door.

"Babe?" he called giving the ugly gay in front her an accusing glare.The gay just threw one of his famous disgusted look to Rayko. "Seryoso?'babe' ?!-" he made it sound like 'babe' is another word for 'shit' "pareho nating alam na t*ti din ang gusto mo!' he spat

Rayko's eyes widened in incredulity not believing that the word had just came out from a former trusted friend.Katty slowly marched in a dangerous manner as if ready to kick some ass. She motioned her to stop and gave her a 'don't worry he'll get what he wants' look. Katty nodded retreating to her position.

She diverged her full attention to the useless fag in front of her again.She glared at him coldly than arctic breeze.She's surprised he hasn't froze on spot.

"I'm sorry but I beg your pardon" she smiled.The kind of smile a wolf would've given to his prey.

"T*ti ang gusto ng shota mo-" That's it.She punched his jaw completely knocking him out.All it took was one punch and he's out. Seriously? She thought he's better than that.She glared at his unconscious body like she was looking at a dead cockroach.

Marahan siyang napalingon sa dalawa. The look on their faces is priceless.Para silang nakakita ng halimaw ngayon-ngayon lang.

"Babe you-" Rayko's voice trailed off.His gaze shifting to her and the unconscious body

She smiled softly like an angel as if nothing had happened.

"Let's go?"

***

Nanalangin na si Rayko sa lahat ng mga Diyosa at Diyos (kung meron man) na sana matakasan nila ang kagagawan ng girlfriend niya.
Unfortunately,his prayers we're not granted.The next day was a total disaster.

He was gritting his teeth hard as he paced back and forth outside the door of the Head Manager. He's just glad his teeth we're strong and was able to keep intact with all the grinding.

"Pre? Pano na?" Katty was also anxious as he was.

"I really hope I can answer you" his voice is rather shaky than usual.

The Head Manager is having a word with Sayvel inside that very door.Okay, alam niyang medyo OA na naghihisterikal siya dito sa labas pero girlfriend niya ang pinag-uusapan dito.He knows her very well.One wrong word from the manager and he'll see his way to heaven!

Nakakaurat.Huhu.Sana ibigay ng Diyos ang lahat ng kabaitan sa mundo kay Sayvel kahit ilang saglit lang. He doesn't want her to be in a stinking cell! Biglang pumasok sa isip niya si Sayvel na nakasuot ng kulay orange na damit na may nakasulat na 'Detainee' sa likod habang walang kalaban-laban na pinagsisipa ng mga kapulisan.

He winced at the thought.

Just then the door opened revealing a very calm and composed Sayvel.Is this a good sign or not? He stride towards her giving her a suspicious look.

"Anong nangyari?" he demanded holding her shoulders.She just smiled.That kind of innocent smile an angel could have give.
"We we're just talking.Why do you look so anxious?" Kaloka ka.Natakot lang naman ako na baka pugutan mo ng ulo ang Head natin. Pero siyempre,ayaw niyang mamatay kaya di niya yun sinabi.

"Anong sabi sayo par?" Katty concurred.
She just shrugged nonchalantly "He said that my first salary will be deducted as a consequence.That settles it" Katty cursed under her breath "Papatayin ko na talaga ang baklang yun" she uttered angrily turning around to find the enemy pero nahawakan siya ni Sayvel sa braso.

'Money is not a big deal.No worries" she cooed. He don't understand why she's so cool about it.He can flip tables.Slap someone for her.But now,that doesn't seem to be the case.Kung sobrang kalmado nito,wala naman siyang karapatan manakit.

Katty sighed and patted her arms "Sabi mo eh" Iiling iling pa ito na pumasok sa department nila,leaving the two of them behind.

He stared at her for a moment.She smiled squeezing his hand.She's sure smiles a lot today for a person who would have her first salary deducted.

"Ang saya mo pa niyan" He narrowed his eyes at her.This doesn't seem to affect her.

"Then would you rather see me crying?" she teased.He knows this not supposed to be a serious question pero naisip niya ulit kung paano ito umiyak nung isang gabi.Kung gaano kasakit na wala siyang magawa kundi yakapin lang ito.

He replied with a quick serious "NO"

"Yun naman pala"

"Be serious"

"Bakit ? Ano bang problema?" she inquired softly. Her hazel eyes boring at him intently while her hands is on his waist. What is this gentleness oozing out from her?!Is this the same person who knocked a 72 pounds man?! Siya parin yan pero sayo lang siya ganyan. His inner voice answered. Something tugged at his heart with the realization.

He cleared his throat.Now's not the time to be so jelly-jelly with her. "Si Angelina? Mababawasan din ba salary niya" tukoy niya sa ulikbang bakla na nangahas na insultuhin siya.

"Probably not.He's the 'poor victim' in the manager's eye and in addition to that he's still unconscious as of now" He saw a triumphant glint in her eyes instead of regret.

"Nakakatakot ka" he frowned.She just smiled angelically.He thought he could see an imaginary halo just above her head. "Of course not-" her hands snaked around his neck.Then suddenly the dangerous glint on her eyes came back again "but if someone dares to disrespect you.That's another story"

He sighed resting his head on her shoulders."For once,don't protect me." Ayokong maramdaman na mahina ako at di kita kayang panindigan

Sobrang nangliiit siya sa sarili niya.He's just here watching her defend his soul every time.Yeah he used to be a gay.But that doesn't count as an excuse.He's a man.It was his duty to protect.