s e v e n t e e n

w h e r e s m y l o v e

I wash my face with cool water and stare at the messy reflection in the mirror.

I look distraught.

Women are supposed to be happy about this news.

Think of the bright side...

Well, Seth and I created something. Something that will grow to be beautiful. Pieces of our love molded together.

Hey, and I can eat all the junk I want without being judged for it.

I offer my sad reflection a sympathetic smile but it does no good.

If Bayley hadn't have been here I am positive I would've lost it.

Finn called to steal her away and before she refused I urged her to go.

I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself.

She reluctantly agreed but made sure I swore to call her if I felt that I needed to.

I called in sick to Stephanie and though she was disappointed, I made sure she was aware that it was urgent.

She gave Seth the night off too. A part of me believed she knew.

Now I'm being paranoid.

I grab all three pregnancy tests in my hand and gaze curiously at them.

Wow.

It's crazy how life can change in an instant.

I step back in front of the mirror and pull my tank top up.

I don't look pregnant.

I frown and rub my stomach softly,

"So there's supposedly a baby in here. I guess I'm your mother." I whisper.

My lips quiver as I study my stomach. There's a child inside of me, and I've been chosen to mother it...

~~~

"Well hello Mrs. Rollins. You're looking- hey, have you been crying?" He coos softly as he rushes over to my side.

I frown and shake my head,

"No no- just allergies. I uh, tidied up a bit while you were gone. It was, dusty..."

He raises a suspicious eyebrow,

"Well Bayley did say you were still feeling under the weather. I knew I shouldn't have gone, why didn't you tell me sweetheart?"

Thank god for Bayley.

"Because it's not that bad. Look, I'm still kinda jet lagged and sleepy, can we just go to bed?" I snap.

Both of his eyebrows shoot up to his forehead but he quickly recuperates from his surprise.

"Okay, fine. I'm gonna go change and then I'll jump in so I can hold you. I love you." He murmurs as he kisses my cheek.

I weakly smile back and watch as he begins to make his way to the bathroom.

You have to do it at some point.

Anxiety eats at my uneasy body,

"Uh, S-Seth?"  I blurt out my call to him quickly.

Just get it over with.

"Yes bossy?"

He turns towards me with a smile and that damn image of a little boy with big brown eyes and pearly white teeth pops in to my head, throwing me way off guard.