e i g h t e e n

t u r n i n g  t a b l e s

I stare at the eggs swirling in the bowl as I whisk them.

I decided if I'm breaking the news to him that I better feed the man first.

I was in the mirror for about an hour just pepping myself up.

You've got this Sasha.

You can do this Sasha.

Everything will be just fine Sasha.

I called Bayley too. Finn overheard our conversation. He knows of the news but I trust him enough to know that he won't spread the story just yet.

He's not like that.

Bayley's words of encouragement and my beautiful dream last night are what got me ready.

I dreamed of Seth and I with a little baby, genderless, running around a big meadow.

Shining sun, soft grass. I was giggling up a storm as Seth pulled me along, chasing after our child.

Overall it made me see this news in a different light.

Seth will be an amazing dad. And though this is unexpected, I have faith that it will all work out.

Bayley's right, I know Seth way better than that.

He's not like the other guys I've been with, he won't get up and leave when the going gets hard.

I tense when some memories try to sneak in but I shake them away and bring my thoughts back to a little boy with big sparkling brown eyes.

My heart warms.

I actually find myself excited to tell Seth. I know once he pushes the worries and fears aside he will be overjoyed.

I can't believe it, we are having a baby.

Well supposedly, I haven't seen Dr. Greene just yet.

That's on Saturday, today is Tuesday.

Though Melissa shed some light on all of those unexplained hints which assured me that there is most likely a child inside of me.

What else can explain all of that?

I hear slow footsteps tumble down the stairs and my eyes land on a very gloomy looking Seth.

He's dressed in jeans and a black polo shirt for his day.

I continue to whisk my eggs and I offer him a bright smile.

I hope he isn't mad still.

He frowns and sits down at the breakfast bar,

"Sweetheart, I want you to know that I love you and I'm sorry for my childish behavior last night. It was stupid, I should've respected your wishes and-"

I shush him by pressing my lips to his, surprising him.

"Mm- what was that for?"