t h i r t y f o u r | finale part I

h a p p y

one week later...

Sasha's P.O.V ~

"You okay sweetheart?"

I roll my eyes and shoot my nervous husband a glare.

"Right- sorry. Stupid question."

I sigh and bring my attention back to the passing pine trees shielded by the foggy car window.

Today is the day.

And I'm hating every second of it.

I'm trying my best to be positive but it's proven to be one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do.

I can only imagine how Seth feels.

For Christ's sake we are driving through either a hallway to heaven or a highway to hell.

The DNA lab.

Where we will finally find out.

It took a whole hell of a lot of courage to get in contact with Jack.

Fuck, he was even more creepy than I remembered...

•••

The cool and crisp air of Boston slaps against my face as Seth and I walk through these icy streets ahead of us.

I don't miss the familiar memories that flood through.

I push them away just as fast as they come.

I see him.

Trimming the stems of golden roses.

My eyes involuntarily dart around to find that little old woman but, she's not here.

My body is shaking even more now.

That woman kept Jack in line.

Fuck.

"It's gonna be okay sweetheart."

Seth kisses my head reassuringly and I take a shaky breath to steele my beating heart.

You can do this Sasha.

You're a badass.

I close my eyes for just a second and allow myself the pleasure to imagine the life I've always wanted.

A little brown haired baby with big hazel eyes running around with Seth and I chasing behind him.

The rays of the warm sun shining above us.

The feeling of the crisp grass hugging our feet below us.

A meadow full of singing birds and whimsical willow trees that sway to the rhythm of the cool summer breeze.

We lay and look up at the fresh honeycombs dripping of sweetness that the bumblebees harvested for us in our pretty meadow.

In our house on the sound.

My reverie is broken by a cold voice.

"Sasha?"

Fuck.

Our meadow melts in to a pit of fire as all three of us hold each other tightly on a burning bed of grass, the dark and tall shadow laughing evilly in front of us as we suffer.

Jack.

"Jack." I respond coolly, as sternly as I can as I approach the aroma of flowers.