t w e n t y e i g h t

w o m a n

"What the hell are you up to?"

"Shh!"

I groan and blindly stumble to wherever Alexa is leading me.

She stole me from Finn and Bayley's place where I was unbothered and unoccupied.

They both had to go work out, so I had been sitting with a cup of tea and a book.

Pride and Prejudice to be exact.

That brings back a bittersweet memory...

"What book is this?"

Seth glanced down at me through his big nerdy glasses.

"Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen."

His face lit up as he spoke and looked down at me.

"What's it about?" I mumbled.

He seemed genuinely pleased that I was intrigued.

His palm found its way to tangle in my magenta locks, stroking a pleasant rhythm as his voice vibrated a deep tune in my ears.

"Well I can't summarize it without spoiling it, you just gotta read it yourself bossy. I think you may really like it..."

I sigh distastefully.

I can't be thinking about all that.

Or maybe I should.

The good charlatan says that once I think and mourn the thoughts, they'll eventually just start evaporating in to dust.

Even if it hurts me...

"Should I really be blindfolded? For Christ's sake Lexi, I'm pregnant."

She only offers me a meticulous and somewhat on cue giggle before ripping the blindfold off.

"Surprise!"

"Oh!" I gasp as my eyes scan my surroundings.

Pastel oceans of blue decorate my old house in the heart of Boston.

The words 'IT'S A BOY' are printed proudly in bold on an assortment of cups, plates, and even a big sign.

My closest coworkers gather round my living room dressed in attire matching the theme, my heart warms.

"Alexa..." I whisper.

She beams at me and offers me a warm hug,

"Do you like it?"

I put my hands over my mouth and clench my eyes shut to try and ease the growing tears.

"I love it." I whisper softly.

She squeals and everyone applauds me before making their way over individually to congratulate me on my new addition.

"Omg congrats girlie!"

Oh god, did Alexa have to invite Nikki?

The bitch was still all over Seth even after I announced our engagement.

I sigh softly but still manage to offer her a genuine smile for making the effort to attend an event that isn't about herself for once.

"Thanks Nicole." She slightly cringes when I use her full name but before she can correct me, the angelic twin steps in.

"We're so happy for you Sasha, your baby will be beautiful."

A light blush coats my cheeks and I offer Brianna a small grin of appreciation as I return her loving hug.