Chapter 2 - Courage behind the tears.

When...Someone shouted.

"This is a holdup!!"

"Put the money in the bag! Hurry up!"

I didn't notice to man in a hoody walked in and now they robbing the convenience store.

(Oh great, first thing in the morning and this happen...)

I nonchalantly finish my sandwich as i assess the situation only two robbers one is haggling the clerk at the counter and the other one nervously pointing gun at everyone, this is not new to me so i'm pretty calm for some reason i have a magnet in this kind of thing it's like i'm natural born victim but then i realize Reimako is with me as i look at the mirror where i was observing her she's hiding behind the shelf.

I can't clearly see her in the mirror but i bet she's scared at this moment.

Then...

"You!!! Get down on the floor or i'll swear to god i'll fucking shoot you!!" said the robber who's now pointing his gun at me.

"Dude calm down, can we talk about this.." i raise my hand and stood up as i wonder my eyes analize the situation.

"GET DOWN ON THE FUCKING FLOOR!!" demand the robber inching his finger on the trigger of his gun.

(This is bad, i don't know if his nervous or freaking high at this point but i can't prolong this situation i need to do something and fast.

When suddenly..

A shopping basket filled with groceries flew straight at the robber face who's pointing a gun at me, then i heard someone shout.

"Mina run!!"

"Rei?" time seems to slow down as i move quickly it seems that Reimako's the one who threw the groceries basket the situation changed quickly.

I move swiftly as i buried my hand on the robber who's about to fall down and slammed him on the floor that quickly knocked him out. Then i dashed towards the other robber who just noticed the situation, he quickly points his gun towards me as i was about to palm strike his chin, two shots were successfully fired but i clearly connected and slam his head at the counter.

Eirie silence envelopes the store.

"Reimako!" i quickly move away from the robber who's clearly knocked out and look for Reimako which i found hiding behind the magazine stand.

"Rei ! are you okay?!" i worriedly said kneeling down to her.

She's clearly shaking as i held her shoulders and tears is clearly forming in her eyes.

"M-Mina?!" she suddenly hugged me which made me flinched as i felt a sudden jolt of pain on my shoulders.

"Oh thank Odin' your alright..."

But then i notice a stained of red in her chest.

"REI !! Oh god! you're bleeding!?" i immediately lifts her up but again i felt a jolt of pain on my shoulders.

Then i noticed the of distraught in her eyes as she's about to cry she said."

"It's not my blood, it's yours!!!"

It appears the two shot connected as i look at my shoulder i can clearly see two bullet holes in it my blood is gushing like a waterfall.

"Oh..." then my vision fade to black the next thing i remember is Rei is crying while a siren wailing in the background.

 Then...

I woke up at the hospital...

"Mina!" said Reimako eyes clearly red.

"Thank Odin' you finally woke you moron," said Miyoko wiping her tears with the collar of her shirt.

"That was really reckless you know!" scolded Ms.Mikahara. 

"I'll going to get the doctor and let him know you're already up." she continued as she exits the room and closes the door behind him.

"Geez Mina, it's only a week since you join the Famille' and you're already making us cry," said Raika.

"I'm sorry..."

"I-i was really worried you know i thought you're going to die..." whales Reimako as Raika consoled her.

"I'm sorry Reimako i made you worry..." (She's really a sweet girl, darn it, now i feel bad making her cry.)

Although thinking back she's the one who threw that basket of groceries at the robber who's pointing a gun at me and she even told me to run, i bet she's really scared i mean everyone would but she clearly saves me back there.

*Flicked!*

"Ouch..."

"That's for making us worry you reckless moron, you always do this kind of thing being heroicly stupid." scolded Miyoko.

"I have to agree with Miyoko this time, there's nothing wrong with being heroic it's admirable in a sense but you're no superhero you know bullet don't bounce off of you. You're lucky the bullet only grazed you're shoulders." Raika sighed clearly in relief.

"Y-yeah i apologize for my stupidity i'm only thinking of myself back there, that was really reckless and Reimako could have been hurt, i'm sorry Reimako..."

"You're really an idiot."

"H-huh?" surprised mina looked at Reimako who's been silent the whole time, as she speaks up.

"Why are even thinking about me when it's clear you're the one who got hurt?" she said strongly

"You save all of us because of your courage but putting yourself before others and putting your life on the line is too much!!" 

she continues voice shaking eyes red she's clearly about to cry but pulls herself together to speak her mind.

Miyoko and Raika looked at each other surprised that the usual silent and shy Rei would speak up like that.

"I-i'm sorry Rei..."

"Stop apologizing you dummy!!" she shouted and buried her faced beside his bed.

He just notices that Rei has been holding his hand the entire time he can feel her tears falling into his palms as he panics what to do at this situation and worries how to console her.

"Look what you did you baffoon." said Miyoko as she consoles Reimako.

I was taken aback by Rei's words and surprised by the courage behind her tears...