Chapter 8 - The Way Home

Evening has already fallen...

( It'll a lot more convenient if we had a car or at least they could do is ask Ms.Mikahara to pick us up, but noooo...)

I wonder to myself as i struggle to carry 10 heavy grocery bag in each of my fingers plus the 20-kilo sack of rice that is tied on my back like a backpack.

(I can't feel my fingers...)

Both of my arms are laden down with these grocery bags

Yomiko and Miyoko walking merrily carrying small bags themselves.

"Come on, speed up, Mina!" snarked Yomiko looking back at me.

"You can do it, Mina." grinned Miyoko teasing me.

(She's enjoying this isn't she.)

I can't very well say that i can't carry them...I'm the man of the house after all.

(But this is really heavy, i can't feel my fingers flood might not be flowing into it right now not sure i'm afraid to look.)

"Wait, huh?"

Just then i noticed that only Yomiko and Miyoko are walking ahead of me...wheres Reimako?

"Uhmm...Mina..."

"Huh?"

Without realizing it, i've been walking alongside her.

She's looking at me with a worried expression.

"Shall i carry some for you..?"

"Uh!..Oh no! No worries i'm fine, besides your hand is also full and i can't let you carry this heavy stuff."

"R-Really? Don't push yourself..."

"No worries, i may not look like it but i still have a lot of strength in me." i replied while flexing.

She cast down her eyes as if in thought, then looks up at me again.

"Uhmm,Mina..."

"Hm? What is it?"

"Uhmm...I, Uh...I've been wanting to apologize to you for a while..."

"Huh? Apologize for what?"

"I..uhm, uh, i-i'm sorry for what happened in the bathroom."

"Oh, You don't have to worry about that Reimako we've talked about that right?"

"There's nothing to apologize." (How cute she's still worried about that.)

"W-Well you were just trying to help me, and it was a little clumsy of me too, i mean you did put the blame on yourself which is wrong since youre, not the one to blame at all."

"And i made a big fuss about it I almost hit you with the washing machine and i'm sorry..."

I just smiled awkwardly and replied.

"Like i said Reimako, you didn't do anything wrong, it's a natural reaction in your part."

"Huh? B-But..."

"I'm the one to blame since i gave you a real fright."

"No! it's fine,  I was careless..."

"I'm really sorry!" she said while bowing her head to me.

"N-No! Please raise your head, like i told you i'm the one to blame."

I hurriedly bow my head back to her.

"B-But! It was my fault, Mina..."

"N-no, if i was not there, that won't happen."

As we both bow our heads to each other...