Chapter 13 - A Reward

At dinner that day...

Miyoko tells everyone what happened during our shopping.

"Really?" said Kasumi doubtful.

"Yeah! Mina was really cool even for himself his usually lame." teased Miyoko

"Hey."(That might be true though.)

"Wow, I wish i coulda seen Mina's heroic moment." uttered Raika while curiously staring at him.

"Hehehe, looks like you've got many sides to as well, Mina." smiled Tegemi.

"A-ahahahaha." He laughs nervously (you have no idea..)

He feels extremely embarrassed while everyone talks about him and Miyoko keeps exaggerating the story, but he feels bit pleased.

Yomiko gazes at him in awe.

"I find it hard to believe Mina, did all of that i doubt that he even saved Rei." said Yomiko looking at him suspiciously.

"You do remember that he got stupidly shot at the shoulder when he dashed towards the robbers who try to rob that convenience store." reminded Miyoko.

"Oh yeah, that happens...i kinda forgot," she said nonchalantly.

He unconsciously look at her with a blank stare.

"W-what are you looking at?! Fine, i guess you're not bad at all, there. happy?" she banters.

"T-thank you? i guess..."(i didn't even want a compliment coming from you.)

Just then...

Miyoko seems to have noticed something.

For some reason, her eyes are fixed on my bowl of beef stew.

"What wrong, Miyoko? Still haven't got enough?" he asked Miyoko while handing her the bowl of beef stew.

"Huh? Oh, thanks," she said as she puts all the content of the bowl in her plate.

"It's nothing." she continued.

(yeah, there's nothing left.) he said to himself in awe as he looks at Miyoko while gobbling her beef stew.

As he do continues to eat dinner he notices that something seems odd.

He looks at everyone share except Miyoko's then he noticed he seems to have more than everyone else.

"I'll put your iced tea here, Mina." said Rei while putting his drinks beside his plate.

"Thanks, Rei."

"Umm..." 

Rei, leans over close to him

(Uh..hi Rei...her face is so close.)

He feels like his heart is about to jump his mouth.

Then blushing she whispers.

"I gave you more beef in your stew, Mina."

"Oh..."

"It's my thank for saving me back then,Don't tell anyone okay," she says bashfully her cheeks slightly flushed.

"Ehehehehe," she giggled.

(If she keeps looking at me like that, i'm gonna beat my beef so hard tonight, i mean eat my beef so hard..i don't know were i'm getting with this...)

"Hm? What are you doing Rei?" wonders Yomiko.

"O-oh, nothing..." Rei quickly draws herself away from Mina.

(I'm so pleased that Rei went to the trouble of doing this for me, she tells me not to tell everyone but looking at my bowl.) he thinks to himself while looking at his almost overflowing bowl of beef stew.

Though his heart is racing in more way than one.

He eats his dinner, feeling the happiest he ever felt.

And so...