Chapter 10 - Breakfast

*Yawn*

I'm standing in the kitchen together with Miyoko still a bit sleepy.

"Come on, Mina! Wake yourself up."

"Hmn? S-Sorry..."

She said she would help me patch things up with Reimako she woke me up 4 am in the morning and said we're the one who's going to prepare breakfast instead of Rei. I'm guessing i'll be the one who's going to make it since she doesn't know how to cook and she's this early up for her morning run.

That's her plan.

"Rei puts a lot of effort every morning so we should pay her back every so often."

"R-Right..."

(I agree with that though, i doubt that she's going to help me.)

"So...i'll leave you to it." she said patting my back smiling.

(Hang up the phone, coz i called it.)

I looked at her blankly.

"We, huh, we should pay her back huh?"

"Hey, i'm your best friend!"

"Since when?!"

"Semantics, well i'm off it's a good day for a morning run, good luck!" she said while waving goodbye and living alone in the kitchen.

"Seriously that woman...well i'm up, might as well."

I look at the fridge and check up on the notes that are posted in it, Rei seems to have a schedule for what she would cook each day, and looking at the note on the calendar, she's going to cook, eggs, bacon, and miso soup for today's breakfast.

(She's really organized and concered for the well being of her housemate, each day is different and provides a well-balanced diet...)

(I should just follow the meal that she wrote here today.)

A few minute later.

(Oh no, it woke up, 30 mins late today!) Rei hurried down the stairs but as she was about to open the door to the kitchen, she stop on her tracks when she hears noises coming from the inside.

(Someone's inside? could it be Onee-chan? n-no i check her room before coming down here. Miyoko? she's always early up for her morning run, but she's sharp with her sked and it sounds like someone rummaging there, could it be a robber!)

She can hear her heart beating faster as she, analyze the situation she's in..) 

(Should i call the police?!, should i check it first just to be sure...)

(I should look for a weapon first...)

"Okay almost done here..."

Then suddenly.

"Wrahhhhh!!!" roared Rei while running blindly towards Mina,

"Whoa! Oh my God!!!"

"Rei! Wait!!!"

(His voice?!)

"P-put down the dinner table Rei..." ( How did she manage to fit it in the narrow door?!)

(H-He called me Rei...)

(Oh god, she's turning red, did i made her mad?! Is the weight of the table...no it's not the weight she's holding it with one hand..either way...)